advertisement

Roberts Stream93i and the BBC

DGP

pfm Member
Thought I'd ask here - has anyone else lost all BBC Internet radio stations on their Roberts Radios yesterday/today. The radio connects, show the station description and ident but doesn't load content. All other Internet radio stations (Classic FM, Radio Paradise etc) work as normal.

I've tried a factory reset but results are same as before
DGP

'scuse me for going off topic.. but is the 93i any good in terms of both sound quality and functionality?

Functionality is good - connects wirelessly to my network and reads lower-res files from my NAS drive - has FM and DAB (but not where I live!). Has USB and Ethernet connectivity. Sound quality is OK (not as full or dynamic as the 1980s Proton kitchen radio it replaced - which sounded like a single AR18 driven by an NAD3020 - as some scrote stole the stereo active speaker when I lived in London). You can wind the volume up to max and it doesn't distort but it's not very loud. The three speakers are two mid/treble 'stereo' speakers and a single bass driver. Idiot me thought I was buying a three-way mono system! Remote control is good - I don't use the timer and alarms. Oh it has Spotify.
DGP

I have a pair of Roberts Revival iStreams and they too have stopped playing BBC stations from the Internet.

This happened once before. The Beeb had changed the stream format in some way. Had to wait for new firmware. Will check the Roberts site in a moment. (Although last time it said nothing. Only when I rang their support line was I told the issue.)

Overall, however, they are great gadgets. Internet radio, and I can play tunes from Minimserver on my NAS in kitchen and bedroom.

Jim.

Thanks for the confirmation Jim. I'd checked on the Roberts site and Googled the problem to no avail.

Yep, I use Minimserver on my QNAP NAS.
DGP

advertisement

Back