advertisement

Robbie Williams: Intensive Care

Beck

pfm Member
Great cover, great vinyl quality, 45 rpm, bad, bad, bad sound!!! Does the cd sound just as bad? It sounds like they have put mp3 sound on vinyl!:confused:

Beck said:
I`m not going to defend Robbie here but I would like an answer to my first question.:)

Sorry this is the wrong room for an argument. This is abuse. Arguments are the next door along.

Beck said:
I`m not going to defend Robbie here but I would like an answer to my first question.:)

Same question came up over on ZG and I thnk the conclusion was that its just a piece of careless couldn't give a toss recording/mastering.

All I can say is that taking a heavy quality vinyl record out of the sleeve, putting it on my turntable, pressing 45 rpm I thought something was wrong with my stereo.:eek: Grainy lifeless sound!

Okay, I'm probably not getting a lot of street credit from this one: I have been too busy listening to the IMHO obvious classic pop music qualities on "Intensive Care" to care about sound quality.

*Running for cover*

Thom

No need to run! I can appriciate the same qualities but can`t hide my disappointment with the sound.:(

Beck said:
Great cover, great vinyl quality, 45 rpm, bad, bad, bad sound!!! Does the cd sound just as bad? It sounds like they have put mp3 sound on vinyl!:confused:

Exactly the same on CD, it sounds terribly compressed.

A nice bit of wedge coming the way of the criminally underated Stephen "Tin-Tin" Duffy for this release I believe.

For any interested parties Stephen Duffy's solo albums and those of The Lilac Time are pretty much all superb. Beautiful pop.

advertisement

Back