advertisement

Robag Wruhme - any fans here on PFM?

lordmortlock

Late to the Tannoy party
Beautiful music.

I’ve loved ‘Thora Vukk’ for years, and was inspired to post here with the arrival of ‘Venq Tolep’ today on vinyl.

The pressing is ridiculously good. It’s sounds incredible!

I think I have most of his readily available digital albums. The guy is a genius mixer and sound sculptor. One of the best IDM artists about. Thora Vukk and Venq Tolep are outstanding and include some of my favourite demo tracks and headbangers.

temp-Image5-Lxs-Rg.jpg

Last edited:
More minimal, more mainstream. His solo stuff is more clever, nuanced and makes me smile and dance. The top 5 albums on the Roon screencap I posted are the ones to get first.

If you like Gabor (Robag) he has a belter of a re-mix track on this and the whole album is great. Highly recommended.

temp-Imagevx-L4-AT.jpg

Giving Thora Vukk a spin (via Qobuz) this morning. I’m often left cold when electronic music moves towards ambient but this is hitting the spot. Will have to give it a few more listens and then investigate further if it grows on me more and more.

Threads like this are great as a once off mention on the what are you listening to thread doesn’t prompt one (me anyway) as much as a dedicated thread about an artist.

.sjb

I too tried it, and yes, on first listen was good, will listen again and also Colin’s recommendation too.

Thanks for highlighting these artists 👍

Btw I enjoyed this from the Bandcamp description of his recent T.O.R. LP:

So far the following DJs do NOT like the whole thing:
Richie Hawtin, Luciano, Matthew Herbert, Sven Väth, Peggy Gou, DJ Koze, Ricardo Villalobos, Charlotte de Witte, Four Tet, Tale of Us, Maceo Plex, Aphex Twin, Ellen Alien, Marco Carola, Mano le Tough, Jimi Jules, Keine Musik Krew, Miss Kittin, Nastia, Gerd Janson, Dixon, Âme, Nina Kravitz, Carl Cox, Michael Mayer, Wolfgang Voigt, Spiegel Online, Otto, Skrillex, Paul Kalkbrenner, Steve Aoki, Martin Garrix, David Guetta, Paula Temple, Tiesto, Amelie Lens, Squarepusher, Jimi Tenor, Marusha, Autechre, Westbam, Timo Maas, Olaf Zimmermann, Tommy Wosch, Moderat & Modeselektor, Oli Schulz & Jan Böhmermann, Heinz Strunk, Rocko Schamon, Erobique, Axel Boman and many more!

😂

Coming back to this after a few months and Thora Vukk is certainly in the masterpiece category. And it just sounds wonderful too.

.sjb

advertisement

Back