advertisement

Rise of passport portfolios

On a trip to Grenada over Christmas we were told that the most of the people investing for passports were Russian or others who would find travel to the US, or indeed residence in the US difficult without a second passport. Most of the cash was invested in hotels which were mainly buildings blighting the landscape and not occupied.
The Grenadian government has received untold millions in investment but there seems to be no clear record of it in the accounts or any perceivable benefit to the islanders.

If this post is an unwanted distraction to the topic @tuga please say and I'll remove it.

I'm just interested to know whether anyone has explored Golden Visas in Europe -- TBH I am quite tempted, if I didn't have a business here, I think I would go live in Greece.

I've recently been investigating the possibilty of obtaining an alternative (European) passport. Mostly for personal reasons, but increasingly also because I'm coming to the view that I don't want to spend the rest of my life in the UK and would much rather at the very least spend my retirement elsewhere.

If this post is an unwanted distraction to the topic @tuga please say and I'll remove it.

I'm just interested to know whether anyone has explored Golden Visas in Europe -- TBH I am quite tempted, if I didn't have a business here, I think I would go live in Greece.

Just do it the old fashioned way, and find a nice European SO. Jokes aside, a friend of a friend went the Malta route some time ago. I don't know the details but it seemed to be fairly easy. She now teaches there and has a nice tan.

Malta is a freemason free zone.

They fear and avoid the Maltese branch of "The Knights of St John and the Cross."

Please, do your own research. ;)

Surprised Portugal is not mentioned. Maybe they have made it more difficult now.
Portugal is not so simple. If you look at the list of valid ways to become a citizen it gives the impression that it's as simple (potentially) as just being involved with the portugese community (and being able to speak the language to a given level)*, but the reality (due to their beurocracy etc) is far more complex and difficult. To put it simply, there are a whole list of "requirements" that they don't advertise on their websites, that need to be met.

*That's the avenue that on the face of it seems to have the least connection to being portuguese. They of course have the usual avenues of being the child of a portuguese parent or grandparent etc.

advertisement

Back