advertisement

RIP Ted McKenna

kendo

Prussian bot
Reports on a few sources of the passing of Ted McKenna, drummer with the Sensational Alex Harvey Band, Rory Gallagher and others.

According to Classic Rock magazine: "Ted McKenna died during a routine operation for a hernia when surgeons could not stop a hemorrhage."

I saw Ted play a gig with Paul Rose a few years ago and Ted was superb on drums as you'd expect. RIP, Ted.

Naw! Terrible news. I always hoped to see the boys reunite, but without that plonker they had on vocals 10 and a bit years ago. RIP Ted.

Ally

Ted McKenna on drums here. The song is rather so-so, but you can jump to 2:50 for what I still consider Gary Moore's finest Fender-period guitar solo.

Ted McKenna on drums here. The song is rather so-so, but you can jump to 2:50 for what I still consider Gary Moore's finest Fender-period guitar solo.

There's some good playing on that album for sure! Very sad about Ted - will always remember him live with Michael Schenker Group crashing through 'Into The Arena'..............fabulous stuff.

Very very underrated drummer and was gutted to hear of his passing. Saw him with MSG a number of times and only as recently as November. RIP.

advertisement

Back