advertisement

RIP Peter Skinner (passkinn)

I was just remembering the old days with peter we used to hang out at audio t west end lane and kj, was truly fun with the likes of martin colloms john oakman john smith roy greggory working at these stores, there were endless debates on alphason pinktiangle towshend rocks liins etc goldmunds were only for the very rich lol not for us mere mortals we had so much fun in the industry back then. Everyone who worked in a shop back then strived for perfection even if it existed or not all have wonderful opinions on what they like of course our very own Graham Tricker falls into that much loved era it takes real passion to stay in any industry for this length of time . This is a wonderful hobby my father got me into it at the age of 7 the likes of peter, Andy Payor of rockport technologies, Max Townshend, Mike Knowles of alphason Be Yammamura, Alistair Roberson, Aikman dr richard bews not too mention other such as John oakman of audio t west hampstead who remains a dear friend and others have to take credit too in keeping my interest alive as a youngster back then and keeps the passion going to this very day.

A very belated RIP to a lovely man.

I have to thank this forum for providing the sad news that we have all lost Peter. I knew him well many years ago and found him to be one of the kindest, most generous people. We met via hi-fi and I had the pleasure of expanding our friendship via his work at the BBC when I was a FCO officer. Sadly we lost touch as I travelled too much. I had hoped to find him again now as I retired.

If anyone knows where I can pay my respects please let me know. I was so sad to read here that I had missed his funeral too.

We were lucky to have him in our lives.

advertisement

Back