advertisement

RIP C.J. Sansom

Suffolk Tony

Aim low, achieve your goals, avoid disappointment.
I was sorry to learn C. J. Sansom, author of the Shardlake series of historical mystery books, has died following a long illness.

For those who haven't read any of these books I can heartily recommend them; not only are they scrupulously accurate in their historical details, but they're all cracking stories. By a sad coincidence the first of these novels, “Dissolution”, has been dramatised into a series on Disney+, the first episode of which will be released on 1st May in the UK.

A friend recommended his books to me. Got a box set but haven't got round to reading them. Got a big pile of fiction and non-fiction books to go through.

Loved the Shardlake books, and pretty sure I haven't read them all, so I will have a look to see what I've missed. The tension in some of the plots is almost unbearable. Brilliant stuff.

RIP a great and entertaining writer.

I've just started watching the Netflix adaption, its pretty good but I have no knowledge of the books. Just read his Obit & will try some of the books, RIP.

Loved the Shardlake books; read the whole series twice. I’m finding the Disney series a bit glitzy. I was expecting it to look a bit more like the film version of The Name of the Rose, (admittedly set 200 years earlier), but it is enjoyable all the same.

advertisement

Back