advertisement

Rick Parfitt RIP.

My first ever record purchased was Status Quo (I was 5 at the time) I have never really been a big fan of the Quo but always enjoyed the closeness he seemed to share with Rossi, their banter seemed quite genuine & always added fun to any interview.

It's a sad loss, this year sucks, big time.

Not a fan either, well as a matter of fact I am and I thoroughly enjoyed their concerts, but apparently I look cooler when I write that I'm not a fan. There.

Too cool to be a fan but you do realise that (if you are lucky) you will have to go through the whole thing again fairly soon? After all the other one is nearly 70!

Thinking about it some groups are five people, Tony should consider a special 'Messages of grief' room. Once the likes of the Stones start to peel off the place will come to a stand still.

The first album I ever had taped off a mate was 12 gold bars when I was 10. Swiftly lost interest after the execrable Back to Back, The Wanderer and Marguerita Time came out, but I have revisited their 70-76 output in some depth over the last 10 years and it's really great raw and unpretentious rock music. The 'Quo' and 'Dog of Two Head' albums are particular favourites. RIP Rick.

One man's boogie is another man's motorik.

I had expected his heart to have been the culprit, but I read it was a shoulder injury which lead to infection and that's what done the poor guy in.

I just read an interview with Rick in a recent issue of Classic Rock magazine where they discussed a massive heart attack he suffered earlier this year. He survived that and was well on the road to recovery and then this happens...

advertisement

Back