advertisement

Richer Sounds

Richer Sounds in Leiecster - Great customer service. I went to audition Some higher end headphones, Audeze LCD-X, Hifiman Arya and Audeze LCD-2C. They left me alone for over an hour to demo in one of their listening rooms. No hard-sell, or pushy sales talk. I didnt buy any of the headphones on that visit , but it helped me to narrow down my favourites. They said I was welcome back anytime to try more headphoens. When I do purchase, it defintely will be from them.

Good. Although I have often been very tempted, I think it’s really bad form to dem stuff at a dealer and then trundle off to buy second hand.

Good. Although I have often been very tempted, I think it’s really bad form to dem stuff at a dealer and then trundle off to buy second hand.
How about kitchen design services then use somewhere else to buy?

The team at Stockport have always been great. First bought a Dual TT in the 80s sold by Julian. Have been buying over the years. Bought a LG OLED from them, it failed just under the 6 year warranty during lockdown. They sent a spare TV and replaced the main TV within 2 weeks and provided a further 6 years warranty. Top company.

Delightful staff in the Brighton store. I would go no-where else for a TV and even bought my current (Technics) turntable there. Never thought I'd say that.

I’ve always liked Richer Sounds no matter which branch they’ve all been great. Bought various bits and I recently recommended that my cousin purchase her new cheap LG tv from there (which she did). Several years ago I bought and subsequently returned a Cambridge Audio 840c cd player - no quibbles from their sales guy (West Ealing).

Last edited:
Last night I walked past where the Birmingham store always was and it was a fancy hairdresser's. Seems Solihull is the new Birmingham. They won't like that. :D

I have used Richer Sounds for a few budget cables many years ago. The only bit of hifi I got there was a Cambridge 640P phono amp, to replace the freebie Project one that Nottingham Hifi Centre threw in with my Cyrus amp, as it had no phono. Good little amp, but replaced years ago with a (used) Rega Fono mkII that I picked up on here. When I sold the 640P, got £80 back of the £100 it cost, so not bad for a couple of years use.

Richers being half the globe away I’ve never been there, but a couple of years ago a fishie posted a link to new series 9 Wharfedale speakers priced at less than many used ones. A bargain there as in the right room they’re still quite decent speakers.

Last edited:
I use the clearance form on there website .I've had some cracking deals offered me on there . A bluesound node £150 marantz model 30 £1600 arcam avr20 £1300 and there service is always brilliant. I had not been myself for a fair few yes and was surprised but what they now stock .

It was my go to as a young man. Not as exciting as it used to be and not a lot of decent super value kit there now. Occasionally pop in but found the York outlet fairly mediocre the other week.

advertisement

Back