advertisement

CJ14

O.H.
Well I can,t stop thinking of designs.
So I am now keeping my retired old brain busy, the first is a SECA Twin Headphone Amp with two DAC,s
Then I will go back to my favourite non audio love, yes you guessed it chocolate, NO PSU designs working on a ultra low noise low impedance range. 3.3V,5V and + & -12V.
And a mains conditioner using a pure sine wave and a large analogue amp about 1KW. You can adjust the frequency 40-400Hz and the output voltage from 80VAC to 260VAC using the meters on the front. Plus a fixed 10ppm 50HZ switch.
Then on to special carbon fibre metal plating techniques, plating with Copper, Nickel and Gold.

All looking good so far and no magic smoke, nice.

Well I can,t stop thinking of designs.
So I am now keeping my retired old brain busy, the first is a SECA Twin Headphone Amp with two DAC,s
Then I will go back to my favourite non audio love, yes you guessed it chocolate, NO PSU designs working on a ultra low noise low impedance range. 3.3V,5V and + & -12V.
And a mains conditioner using a pure sine wave and a large analogue amp about 1KW. You can adjust the frequency 40-400Hz and the output voltage from 80VAC to 260VAC using the meters on the front. Plus a fixed 10ppm 50HZ switch.
Then on to special carbon fibre metal plating techniques, plating with Copper, Nickel and Gold.

All looking good so far and no magic smoke, nice.
Colin, I’m curious- is retirement allowing your mind to be cleared of lots of imperatives do do with work and letting your creative thinking take up the newly freed capacity? When I retired in May I had to tell myself to stop jumping out if bed in the morning and scanning the memory banks for stuff needing immediate attention and to be done at full speed ahead.

I am lucky for the last 4 years I have been in and out of hospital so I was already on a go very slow mode, but now I am at home and Maria, is spending more time with me, I have to find things to do or I get housework duties, coming dear bye he he

Just got a Magnum A100 pair to upgrade, Oh fun and ancient memories.
So Magnum owner I will upgrade Magnum ask me to quote , a relaxing retirement, well whilst doing upgrades there will be no washing up yipee.

Achieve something every day except on days off, of which you can take as many as you wish.. That's my mantra.

My neighbour never stops with the largely pointless pottering, endless car washing and lawn cutting etc. Should I interrupt him he'll be looking at his watch.. When I ask why, he'll tell me that he has "lunch in 17 minutes", or he's "trying to finish this or that " before tea.. at 6:00pm".

He often tells me he'll live a very long time because he has a lot to do before he dies.

I reply that however much he does before he dies.. he won't get it finished...

What is this life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.
No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.
No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.
No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.
A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.
William Henry Davies

Mull

I'm sure that's true. Whereas I hate them, or perhaps more accurately am indifferent to them. I've had a lifetime of dancing to routines set by others and now tend to operate a pretty ad.hoc. approach. I get up when I'm ready, eat when I'm hungry and go to bed when I feel like it. I'm presently working up the energy to cut some scrap timber up to fit in the car. I'll take it to the waste depot and then swing by a couple of places for a few D.I.Y. bits before wandering home. If still in the mood I may do a bit of the said DIY, or I may decide to start that phase tomorrow. I'd like to squeeze a bit of weight training and a short power walk into my busy day...

Clearly, i don't take the same casual approach to appointments, invites out etc.. that would be very inconsiderate, but as for my own time..

I think it's also important to distinguish between work and leisure. DIY for e.g., can be either. It can be a positive and pleasurable experience to make, fix or maintain something. Equally, it can be a tedious chore that just needs to be got out of the way. Horses for courses..

I'm presently working up the energy to cut some scrap timber up to fit in the car. I'll take it to the waste depot.
Better solution - chop it into bin-sized lengths and chuck a few in the bin every week until it's done. Save time going to the dump, in exchange for a few more minutes sawing.

Ahh but, I also needed to go to B&Q and Screwfix, both conveniently located within a few hundred metres of the tip. So killed three birds etc... Also, it's very thick and hard dry timber that's been indoors for decades and hard to cut. I even considerd getting my power saw out, but that then involves extensioon leads and workmate type benches, so I reckon my solution was the most energy efficient... :rolleyes:

Also, having not had a drink all week, I treated myself to a bottle of Brandy on the way home.. I mean.. I didn't drink the Brandy on the way home.. just bought it. IYSWIM..

But later...:D

advertisement

Back