advertisement

Restaurant reviews....this is a classic..

Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

You have to feel for the staff. That would be a soul destroying job.

Now try to imagine an equivalent review of an amp being published in Stereophile. No, I can't do it either.

Now try to imagine an equivalent review of an amp being published in Stereophile. No, I can't do it either.
Couple of points on this: firstly, the restaurant seems to have been a hugely cynical venture, perhaps designed to claw back some Covid losses? Whereas most hifi manufacturers are, IME, sincere in their desire to bring a decent product to market.

Given there has been nothing fundamentally new in amplifier design for decades now I can’t imagine they’d be served up anything that bad.

Great to read an honest review.
Disinterested owner but we know who to blame: 'an ardent hotelier and a savvy top manager, CEO Christopher Cowdray is the ultimate guardian of the group's culture and business values.'

Everyone knows there is a direct correlation between the height of a restaurant above sea level and it’s prices.

If you've never read it, i can heartily recommend Jay Rayner's aforementioned "My Dining Hell", which is stuffed full of similar hilarious reviews. He's not being cruel, just exposing some of these supposedly exclusive and posh restaurants for the frauds they really are.

In the preface, Jay mentions some of the many critical reviews of his previous literary efforts. Someone wrote, "Jay Rayner has a face like monkfish genitalia and is so ugly he makes you gasp"!

advertisement

Back