advertisement

Replacement for ztx214 transistors

C

ced

does anyone know what would be a current replacement for the ztx 214 transistors?
cheers
Ced

I found a source for the 2SB737 that LesW recommends - 75p each - here. I mailed him, and he keeps them in stock, but I've not got round to ordering any yet. Not sure if they need their partner (the 2SD786 - which seem to be discontinued) to replace the ZTX384, or if another is required.

I'd be interested in comments on current replacements for the ZTX384 .

I have five BC550's (Fairchilds) in the MC front end. Certainly better than the ZTX384's.

Has anyone got a datasheet for the 384? I'd like to compare it to the BC550.

You could try here

Don't use BC550Cs in place of the ZTX384 I found them very quiet indeed!

I haven't tried the BC560 (PNPs to the BC550s) in place of the ZTX214s.

I would like to try the 2SD786 (NPN), but the only source I found were asking over £1.50 each, which I thought a little steep.

This place has 2SD786 at 5 cents each (21 in stock), but a minumum order of $25USD is required. I'm happy to compile an order of different bits and pieces if people are interested.

I've been scanning a load of old data tonight to save some storage space, and found the original Ferranti (Zetex) ZTX382,3,4 and 212,3,4 data sheets.

They will certainly help locate alternates, look at the capacitance figures as key parameters and think about linearity.

I've uploaded them to my website, but they are not linked - to get them click the links below: -

ZTX38x Data Sheet

ZTX21x Data Sheet

Enjoy,

Andy.

advertisement

Back