advertisement

Replacement for the SqueezeBox Touch ??

Its the innards of the Musical Fidelity streamer, and possibly others too. I imagine it does a good job. Not sure if they sell direct to the public though. The squeezebox software is open source, and so it can be run on other hardware. I have two SBT in my system, but the other three "squeezeboxes" are in fact a linux based touch screen PC called the O2 Joggler. You can pick up a Joggler on eBay for around £50-60 and install the SqueezeplayOS and attach it to your USB Dac and you are sorted. I'm looking into getting 24/96 out of it, with some help on the Joggler forum, as the bigger display looks good on my rack. Its bit perfect on 16/44.1 stuff via USB into my MDAC so should sound the same as SBT.

Its the innards of the Musical Fidelity streamer, and possibly others too. I imagine it does a good job. Not sure if they sell direct to the public though. The squeezebox software is open source, and so it can be run on other hardware. I have two SBT in my system, but the other three "squeezeboxes" are in fact a linux based touch screen PC called the O2 Joggler. You can pick up a Joggler on eBay for around £50-60 and install the SqueezeplayOS and attach it to your USB Dac and you are sorted. I'm looking into getting 24/96 out of it, with some help on the Joggler forum, as the bigger display looks good on my rack. Its bit perfect on 16/44.1 stuff via USB into my MDAC so should sound the same as SBT.

Thanks Jem, that's very useful. I didn't know the software was open source, so there is hope. I'll look into the Joggler or similar devices.

Much appreciated,

jan

Streamers seem to implement upnp or dnla. There are quite a few ways of getting one of these working. The internet radio is a bit more complicated.

The squeezeboxes have their own software, but they now also work in upnp systems.

advertisement

Back