advertisement

Remain de-luxe on the referendum ballot paper

ff1d1l

pfm Member
In the event, as is often discussed, of leave having several options on the referendum ballot (when it comes) - no deal, mays deal, the deal of the polished unicorn turd - can remain have two options too?

How about remain - obvs, and then - and I imagine this will be terrifically popular - remain de luxe, where all the brexiters who lied are put on trial and if - when - convicted their goods, property and money sequestrated to pay for the fiasco they are to blame for?

In the event, as is often discussed, of leave having several options on the referendum ballot (when it comes) - no deal, mays deal, the deal of the polished unicorn turd - can remain have two options too?

How about remain - obvs, and then - and I imagine this will be terrifically popular - remain de luxe, where all the brexiters who lied are put on trial and if - when - convicted their goods, property and money sequestrated to pay for the fiasco they are to blame for?
The only flaw I can see in this is that all these possessions may not be directly owned by the individuals, or even resting within UK based financial institutions. Surely not, I hear you cry, but we'll have to wait and see. :rolleyes:

Ha! I was going to post something similar, along the lines of the need for a public enquiry/commission/tribunal with extraordinary powers of subpoena, arrest and arraignment; penalties to include fines, surcharges, bankruptcy and prison. Nothing too onerous! Could this gain traction, I wonder :)

Two stage question for me:

1. Do you want to leave or remain in the EU?

2. In the event of leave being voted by 50.1% or more what would be your preferred approach to leaving the EU?

(Rank 1 being first choice, 2 being second choice etc. Votes will be counted based upon first choice, then second choice until a majority is achieved.)

A. Leave at the earliest opportunity on WTO terms
B. The treaty currently negotiated by the UK government.
C. Customs union.

Then can we please move on.....

Two stage question for me:
1. Do you want to leave or remain in the EU?

2. In the event of remain being voted by 50.1% or more what would be your preferred approach to staying in the EU?

(Rank 1 being first choice, 2 being second choice etc. Votes will be counted based upon first choice, then second choice until a majority is achieved.)

A. Stay on same terms
B. Stay, but with leaver politicians and financial backers who have cost the country billions facing trial and subsequent sequestration of assets.
C. Stay, proceed with prosecutions, but also proceed with legislation for PR and a UK constitution, one of the tenets of which prohibit government ever acting again on any referendum without a super-majority and an independent body to fact check and oversee spending.

Then can we please move on.....

I thought remain deluxe would be to become a full EU member, let's have the Euro and properly open up our borders to Europe. The option should really be this or leave. The Brexit flaw has always been trying to agree on the shades of part membership with the EU.

I thought remain deluxe would be to become a full EU member, let's have the Euro and properly open up our borders to Europe. The option should really be this or leave. The Brexit flaw has always been trying to agree on the shades of part membership with the EU.
iu

advertisement

Back