advertisement

[FS] (Reluctantly) Heed Enigma 5 Speakers - Rosewood

Ewen1970

The Ocean Doesn't Want Me
As a result of a house alteration, I am now having to accept that these aren't going to get used anymore.

I've really enjoyed these speakers and probably had for them for 9 years.

I had been in conversation with Alpar Hustzi from Heed, who is an absolute gentleman. He said I should try a pair of these and popped round and lent me a set (not these ones) for month or two.

When he returned I bought these ones from him directly.

Non-directional, not omni directional, but very much from the Shahinian stable.

When I got these, I was flitting between Shahinian Obs (Mk1) and Epos ES14s.

The Heeds saw both of them off. Much cleaner and crisper than the ES14s and more controlled bass (and treble for that matter) than the Obs.

They have a transmission line that is ported at the top rear, so need to be away from the wall and like some space around them.

They are real room fillers with a great sound stage and almost holographic sound to them. Fast too and work well paired with Naim, Avondale and more recently Dynavector.

I loved Shahinian Arcs, but always found the bass could flap around. These don't.

Never tried these against Compasses, but I would have these over Arcs any day of the week.

Now for the condition.

These are Rosewood, but have faded in the sun a bit - they still look good though!

One of the corners was dinged recently, much to my annoyance, when my Dad's missus knocked into one. I have now calmed down. It's not too bad really and is shown in one of the photos.

Photos here hopefully.

https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjATjxJ

Would prefer collection from Coulsdon, Surrey. I do have original shipping containers though, which have never actually been used to ship best I know.

Price wise I am thinking £1250 as I am pitching them above Compass and somewhere between Arcs and Obs.

Can demo for a bit until the builders smash down the back of the house.....:eek:

I have a pair of these in Rosewood too, the last pair Heed ever made in this lovely premium finish. Can’t see myself parting with them for anything other than bigger Heed speakers. Running them on Heed Thesis separates, previously Obelisk si3 & X2. Fantastic in my opinion, I agree with everything you’ve said about them. Fast, full, lively but never uncomfortably, good resolution, space and air, massive soundstage, spectacular imaging and good bass extension for their size. Not the most refined or tonally accurate I’ve had but they’re more than good enough and far too much fun to care about that anyway. I’m just waiting for a nice pair of Grande Enigmas (or even better but unlikely, Envoys) to appear for sale somewhere…

Good luck with the sale, someone is going to get lucky

I sort of think this Ad might have been better off on the Wam (always feel the more esoteric items do better there) but I don’t have a clue how to access it these days. Don’t think I have signed in there for 5 years plus.

So if any Wammers think there my be any interest over there, then I’d be keen to hear.

Thx

E

advertisement

Back