advertisement

[FS] REL T5i [SOLD]

Amber Audio

This is the Day
Just sold one of my T5i so offering the other up for sale. No marks just reflections, ‘tis very shiny. Can send more pics by email if you pm me.

Gloss Back - boxed. Can include a phono to phono cable as well as the REL speakon one.

UK sale £325 including delivery. Located near Aberdeen.

ATB
Gus

Last edited:
I bought the first one of these fron Gus.

A very fast and musical sub, which is easy to integrate and a stone cold bargain for what it adds to the listening experience.

Gus is a pleasure to deal with, too.

Occasionally stay down Edi, doubtful we’ll visit this side of 2024 though. Price does include delivery.

I’m tempted to get into a subwoofer and could drive it from the double variable RCA output on the amp. But I looks as if there is only one RCA input on the appropriate bit of the REL. How does that work?

You connect L or R from the amplifier out to the Low Level input on the REL.
or
Use a Y splitter.
or
The best way according to REL is to use the High level speakon to 3 wire cable method.

If your amp is Class D then you need to cable things up in a specific way.

Good info here

Thank you for that. I think the Y splitter would be necessary to get the information from both channels on the amp. I spoke with the dealer and wholesaler for my amp and they strongly advised against using the speaker connection for my amp (a Moon 340) as they think there is the possibility of damage to the amp. They saw no problem with the RCA connection though. I will reflect and think about this.
PS Hope you’re OK in storm conditions up there!

Most sub info is mono so a single RCA to RCA does the job, but to be 100% using a Y splitter is a common solution.

You can use the High Level cable connected at the speaker terminal end rather than the amp end by stripping it from the sheath, I used to do it that way when using a Naim amp into ProAc Studio + REL Strata.

Most sub info is mono so a single RCA to RCA does the job, but to be 100% using a Y splitter is a common solution.

You can use the High Level cable connected at the speaker terminal end rather than the amp end by stripping it from the sheath, I used to do it that way when using a Naim amp into ProAc Studio + REL Strata.
Yes, but since that connects back to the amp through the speaker cables, I’d rather not given what the dealer says. But the RCA would OK, either Y or single. (I wasn’t aware that it’s mostly mono so single is OK).

advertisement

Back