advertisement

[FS] Reisong A10 amplifier

Spider

pfm Member
For Sale
Reisong A10
This Reisong A10 is single ended vacuum tube amplifier using EL34, one per channel, in the ultra-linear configuration.

The signal driver is using 6N2P configure in parallel, so it need one per channel.
The rectifier tube is using 5Z4. This is the great implementation for better sounding amplifier using a vacuum tube as rectifier instead of diodes.

All transformer are covered with steel housing to minimized the inductance noise. Especially for the output transformer, they are put inside the steel housing and covered with resin.

The front knobs are all beautiful aluminum knob, one for the power switch, one for the volume control.

The back connector are AC power input using IEC socket, the speakers output using small banana plug with screw type connection for bare wires, and 2 pairs of RCA input with the switch to select the input position.

The speakers output is available for 4 ohm or 8 ohm speakers impedance.

The overall dimension of this amplifier is quite small, around 25 cm by 20 cm.

There is a whole community of enthusiasts with a whole range of upgrades that are easy to do.

In great condition, best collected from Worksop or delivered by HiFi taxi of some kind.

Yours for a very reasonable £250

Here's some YouTube videos with useful info and mods. The Skunkie videos are really good. I'm kind of tempted because I design and make single ended tube amps and I know that I'd see this as a nice challenge. I can immediately think of loads of mods I would make. The good thing is that it looks like point to point wiring which is easy to work on.

I bought an A10, converted it to A12 and did the Skunkie mods detailed in her three videos. It was a very satisfying challenge and made a big difference to the sound of the amp giving it more body in the mids and low frequency ranges. Well worth doing. I kept the tube rectifier though.

Just to add, I have all the packaging for this amp.
Also worth pointing out that it’s completely silent on the end of my 108db speakers. No hint of hum or any unwanted noise.

advertisement

Back