advertisement

Regina Spektor

The Captain

~~~~~~~~~~
Im rather taken by this nyc minxy oddball. Has anyone got any albums of hers/ recommendations? her vids seem a bit lightweight and kooky which put me off a tad (similarly as do Joanna Newsom's vids).. but what an original voice and a terrific pianist/ songwriter.. a real talent Imo.
Yet another Us musician lightyears ahead of the Uk for interesting 'independent' style music. Captain

the current album is great a solid buy, the earlier stuff isn't as well considered and she tries too hard to be leftfield and kooky, and fails.

if you like that try some julie feeney. pop over to juliefeeney.com and listen to the current album,its very good, well recorded and produced.

and for an up and coming artist, shes only a youngin, listen to kate nash, you'll find her on myspace http://www.myspace.com/katenashmusic

If you get "Begin To Hope" try and get the version with the extra 5 songs which are also great. I saw here in Brighton, England recently and althought she had terrible flu performed brialliantly.

I love her music....

Saw her in Tel-Aviv live a month ago - well - not really my cup of tea but there must be something that keeps you listening. Cheers,
Daniel.

advertisement

Back