advertisement

Rega Saturn (How Good) ?

koi

pfm Member
Hi
How good is the above player and can you give me alternative players in that price band i should also look at,

Thanks in advance

How Good very,
If you want to better it try something at the £2k mark.

Use the forum search function and search for 'saturn'

the best at it's price point for years without being too digital - around EDIT iirc - but that's when midfi* started around that amount of money

*80's term for the start of real HiFi and not the daft priced hi end - for want of a better expression - a level that most people would be very happy with for years

Edit- I was thinking of the Apollo, the Saturn was it's big brother @ around a K and well, was very very nice

that's just my rose tinted view :)
J

I don't know the Saturn, I've had the Apollo and currently run the Jupiter, seperate transport and dac; very good indeed. The Planet also is nice.

They all share an analouge quality.

I just picked one up on the used market but for some reason there does not appear to have a date manufactured sticker on the back beside the serail number sticker. Is this normal??? Most of the ones I see have this and I am wondering why someone would feel the need to take off especially since it appears to have been manufactured recenetly 38xxx

It's a damn fine CDP. I was a little sad to sell it, but I'm moving on from shiny plastic disks and needed the funds for the upcoming Rega DAC.

I don't know the Saturn, I've had the Apollo and currently run the Jupiter, seperate transport and dac; very good indeed. The Planet also is nice.

They all share an analouge quality.

I compared the Saturn and Apollo and even the shop said that whilst the former was better it wasn't worth £1398 when the Apollo was £498 and I have been more than hapy with the latter.

Yes the Apollo is a little gem but my Jupiter which used to be their flagship model is quite something, seperate transport and DAC, all for £250, happy days, LP12 still up top ;)

The Saturn though should be a fine player.

advertisement

Back