advertisement

Rega RP3 Feet...

I swapped the original feet on my P3-24 with the 'upgrade' feet from a P7/P9 - They are, in fact, the same feet but turned upside down for the P6 and housed in an attractive metal cup. - They look nice but I doubt there's actually any measurable sonic improvement. That's not me 'having a go' at Rega BTW...

I run a TTPSU'ed P3/24 currently, have been thru some different mats / disc supports such as Linn felt and Ringmats (various) but always return to the original thickish [red] Rega felt. Somehow it just clicks together and makes music better. Need yet to try some Funk products, but I'm starting to believe in the original design (glass platter topped with felt) synergy here. Also my P3/24 has P7/P9 feet, but this I consider merely a nice and relatively inexpensive visual upgrade.

This echoes my experience completely...

I tried the Tizo acrylic platter and it looks great... but I reverted back to the stock glass platter and Rega (red) felt mat. It just works...

I think I will stick with the glass and felt mat too - unless and what might be interesting, is if someone sold their RP6 platter due to an upgrade which would then make a good upgrade on the RP3, while still keeping the Rega synergy! :)

advertisement

Back