advertisement

Rega P3 sub platter

when the time comes for me to sell my modded rp3, i will offer 2 prices. one as it is modded and a lower price if i put it back to stock parts. either could be with the neo.
i think its important to keep the original parts to have sale options.

I went for Delrin for my RP6 after a call with the owner of Fidelity Design. The main reason I wanted a change was that I disliked the kludgy alloy/plastic sandwich sub platter the RP6 came with. Not for specific sonic reasons, purely aesthetic ones. I know that's a little daft when you can't see it in use.

I therefore asked for something that didn't change the Rega sound and maybe enhanced it. His advice was that Delrin doesn't change the character of the sound as much as alloy.

I kept the old bearing and sub platter assembly to swap back in if I ever sell but if i'm honest an upgrade combination of the; Rega Reference EBLT, the Fidelity Design RP6 "Reference" sub-platter and bearing combo, and an acrylic mat, have made my RP6 all the turntable I'm ever going to want.
I've always interpreted the aluminium hub adapter and enhanced flywheel effect glass platter of RP6 as Rega holding up two fingers to the aftermarket 'sub-platter' crowd.

Presumably these benefits would apply to any brand that offered a replacement milled metal sub-platter? I’m thinking specifically of Project, who offer one for their Classic model.

I dunno, but hopefully they mention which side up within the installation instructions.

Alu-Subplatter-TheClassic-scaled-e1674655481702.jpg

advertisement

Back