advertisement

Rega p25 weight

That’s an obscure one to answer, Rega don’t seem to publish much in the way of weight and dimensions in their instruction manuals. Do you need the packaged weight (in original Rega packaging)? If so, it’ll be broadly similar to the P5 (with wooden surround), they’re made of the same materials in pretty much the same quantities. I can have a look at the weight on the box of mine, or at a push, if it’s nice printed on the box, I can weigh it.

Absolutely off the top of my head (based on buying and carrying one for an ex-girlfriend), conservatively, unpackaged, 1.25Kg.

An RP3 glass platter weighs 2032 g , just over 2 Kg, a RP3 with a Delrin platter , alloy sub platter and heavy counterweight is weighing in a 6.5 Kg approx, if memory serves me right the Delrin platter is 632 g heavier than the stock glass platter. I can't remember the difference in the sub platter and counterweights. I would hazard a guess of 5.75-6.5 Kg for a P25

I think if you assume approx 6Kg based on my weighing the RP3 you shouldn't be far out, why do you want to know?

I need to know because, to isolate the p25
(the wall bracket is not possible) there are
a feet from isoacoustic, called orea bronze
with good reviews, but this feet only support
3,6kg per unit.

Ahh, I see, I'm not sure if that means 3-6 kg for the component or 3-6 kg per foot, Funk Firm make a set of 'Boing' feet for Rega decks, they might be another avenue to isolate the deck , hth

I need to know because, to isolate the p25
(the wall bracket is not possible) there are
a feet from isoacoustic, called orea bronze
with good reviews, but this feet only support
3,6kg per unit.
If that’s per foot, you’ll be well within that, I’d have guessed at about 5-6kg. They’re not heavy turntables.

advertisement

Back