advertisement

Rega Mira 3 power in

Piksky

pfm Member
I’m interested in sourcing a Rega Mira 3 to use as a power amp (I have very fond memories of a Mira 3 from several years ago and they can drive just about anything) and I’ve noted that some were produced with a power in option on the back next to the pre outs where as others have an obvious blanking plate over the power ins where the option has been deleted.

As an example of the deletion, there’s one up on eBay at the moment.

Does anyone know why the power in option was removed? It’s making finding one for my system a lot trickier than it should be!

I've a Mira 3 from 2011 (I think pretty much the end of its production time). The manual states: 'We have improved the Mira 3 sonic transparency & depth by significantly shortening and improving the signal path internally; this is achieved by removing the power amplifier input socket on the back of the amplifier and the pre-amp & power-amp link switch. This improvement removes the track between the aforementioned socket, switch contacts & the internal circuit. We feel this sonic improvement completely outweighs any practical inconvenience caused by not being able to connect to the power amplification section within the amplifier itself.'

That solvers that then - thanks! Looks like I'm now searching for an earlier model Mira 3 then.

Or perhaps a Maia if I can find one.

advertisement

Back