advertisement

Rega mains cable upgrade

dave charlton

pfm member
Their recent listing in Classified's prompted me to do a search and I found a thread on Hoffman. One poster was particularly positive so I took the plunge.

[URL="http://

Glad I did :)

If the OP derived an improvement from trying out these Rega mains cables then he did. End of. To deny his experience and/or suggest that he was delusional may be contrary to the new spirit of this site (and probably the obj/subj cyclical argument clause of the AUP) even if his experience invokes cognitive dissonance in some quarters.

If there are any naysayers around with an insatiable urge to crap on this thread, I suggest they ask Tony's permission to resurrect an old thread entitled "Do mains cables make a difference?" or similar. There are many such threads unless Tony has binned them all.

Rega can hardly be described as Foo merchants and their mains leads are not exactly expensive so the OP is hardly risking a fortune. The consumer saviours need not therefore intervene; nothing to see here, move along.

How much are the Rega leads, btw? It would be interesting to compare them with the Mark Grant DSP 2.5s and others in the sensible price bracket.

No- one else listens with your ears. If you like it, why care what anyone else thinks. Enjoy.

I too think mains supply, and associated cables, make a difference.

No- one else listens with your ears. If you like it, why care what anyone else thinks. Enjoy.

I too think mains supply, and associated cables, make a difference.

Indeed.

Ok Dave, on which components have you used them and what improvements have you derived from so doing?

How much are the Rega leads, btw? It would be interesting to compare them with the Mark Grant DSP 2.5s and others in the sensible price bracket.

They are £95 per 1.5M - so more expensive than the MG cable.

Looks like it is made from Lapp Olflex cable.

LAPP_0020_Cl-110_0020_CY_0020_NK_0020_1_002E_5m_0020_003wk.jpg

I've no experience of Rega kit, though I can't recall reading too much negativity towards the brand. It seems they are well respected and make quality gear that owners are generally very happy with.

I've no experience of Rega kit, though I can't recall reading too much negativity towards the brand. It seems they are well respected and make quality gear that owners are generally very happy with.

Indeed. I have always had a soft spot for Rega and currently use the Apollo R as a CD transport.

In the past I have owned a Rega Fono MM phono stage, an Ear headphone amp, a Planar 2 and then a Planar 25 turntable and I had a pair of Naos loudspeakers for over seven years.

Their recent listing in Classified's prompted me to do a search and I found a thread on Hoffman. One poster was particularly positive so I took the plunge.

[URL="http://

Glad I did :)

Dave, those are the cleanest skirting boards and flooring around a hifi system I've ever seen on here. May I ask, did you clean especially for this pic?

Ok Dave, on which components have you used them and what improvements have you derived from so doing?

Using them on a P9 PSU, Ios moving coil pre amplifier (first version), Mira3 integrated amplifier.

Straight replacement, old leads were a home brew Kimber to the amp and standard leads to P9/Ios.

Improvements to my ears are, more grip, more solidity and forwardness to the sounstage, pulling the whole system together. All imho of course :D.

Bought them off a fellow pfm'er (thanks Chris).

I wanted to try the Rega lead on my P9 PSU but it was too short (1m IIRC). However it will fit with my new configuration so I may just give it a try)

The Rega mains cables are excellent and particularly effective on Rega equipment . I think they supply this cable with their top of the range equipment.

advertisement

Back