advertisement

Rega lid cleaning

ajm

pfm Member
Hi,

Does anyone know how you're supposed to clean the perspex Rega lids without scratching them?

I use a microfibre cloth to dust it but my lid has got a little foggy underneath.

Thanks

i take mine off every now & then and wash in warm soapy water, air dry until nearly dry then clean well used soft linen tea towel.. all good

Virtually all of the scratches lids collect come from cleaning them. Rubbing or wiping them grinds the dust into them, causing the scratches. More you dust them, the more scratched they get.

So the trick it to not dust them! If you never touch the lid it will stay totally scratch free.

But you need to dust it, right? So with the above in mind, don't do it very often. If you do dust it get a light microfiber cloth and literally drag it from the back of the lid to the front. Don't press down on it, just drag it over the lid. This will remove most of the dust without pressing it into the surface.

But the lid is manky, covered in finger prints and stuff.

Give it a good rinse under the shower. Then squirt some shampoo on it and wash it under the shower. Don't rub it hard, let the water do the work. Just use your fingers to spread the shampoo around.

Lid should come up pretty sparkly without collecting too many scratches.

To be honest, Rega lids are so cheap that if it's scuffed up I'd just buy a new one!

advertisement

Back