advertisement

Rega introduce the Naia turntable

There's a new range of Ortofon cartridges - they've appended an 'R' to the name of an existing range.
Not as tall as the standard carts
R for reduced (height) or Rega
So it'll fit a Naia no probs

There's a new range of Ortofon cartridges - they've appended an 'R' to the name of an existing range.
Not as tall as the standard carts
R for reduced (height) or Rega
So it'll fit a Naia no probs

They should have included a third mount hole now they bothered to enter this Rega niche.

One could hope they would offer better alternatives - 2M range was never my cup really, the Red is a terrible waste of time, maybe Bronze were my preferred if I should buy one of these (never heard Black LVB)

2M seem to be popular among users and maybe a big seller, the jump to Rega tonearm match will certainly be more success for Ortofon.

I agree about the 3rd hole. Maybe there's something about the Ortofon construction which precludes its use?
A Naia would be a bit of a waste if all you used was a 2M

I like Ed's description of the Naiad as a "sort of technology demonstrator". IIRC Roy Gandy has said the Naia sounds as good as the Naiad. I'm still trundling along with my P9 with it's ceramic platter, polished tonearm and separate PSU, all building blocks for what came later.

I don't really understand the need to own several decks, arms, carts etc, must be a collector thing.
In this case it's probably because he reviews hifi for a living, though there's plenty of PFM members (enthusiasts) who own multiple pieces of equipment.

I don't really understand the need to own several decks, arms, carts etc, must be a collector thing.
Neither do I. Would do my head in, choosing with TT to play what type of music etc. my guess is that it’s people who like gear more than music. Nothing wrong with a sweeping statement when I make it;)

advertisement

Back