advertisement

Rega - impressed (but not surprised)

Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Accuphase all the way down
Some regulars may have noticed a bit of a kerfuffle on here about Rega over the last few days. Somewhat unfair in my, and others' view. Anyway, to show a little solidarity I decided to make a small purchase from Rega and ordered a Stephen Fearing record from their shop. That was yesterday. It arrived this morning. Today is Saturday, the start of a bank holiday weekend. Even in this age of almost instant online delivery, I was impressed, and thought I'd mention it.

Not played the album yet, my wife is busy studying, but I have his first album on CD and it's stunning so I'd expect this to be good.

It was the phrasing of the post that was the issue. Life isn’t perfect. Neither are audio companies. Asking nicely first before berating a company is the better policy. IMO. It’s always worked for me. And companies like B&W, Clearaudio and Rega have been exemplary in answering my queries and correcting issues.

Last edited:
There are many companies, distributors and retailers I wince at putting money in the pocket of but I have been very happy to put money in The pocket of Roy and his team for various reasons. Genuine passion, design and engineering focused, attitude towards advertising, longevity, customer service and transparency combined with willingness to work with others.

Whilst my RP10 and RS10 were both bought used (albeit RP10 was from a Rega dealer) I bought an Aria new, music, their book and will be back for cartridge replacement or rebuild and who knows in the future. That post was annoying and a conflict between a forum not censuring discussion which I totally get and a new poster registering amidst messages of sincerity then trashing and presumably disappearing never to post again.

It happens on so many forums usually a bit subtler, for example posting for help then disappearing. I dislike the posts that say I can’t be ar5ed to research anything, just give me info and advice on what to do or what to buy and the OP then vanishes.

Yes, and that's one reason why I decided to buy something. I felt as though the OP had been trying to bully Rega into something they'd probably have been willing to do anyway, but the way he approached it was detrimental to the well-deserved excellent reputation Rega has on here, and elsewhere. So by making a small purchase, I wanted to redress that balance just a little bit.

Rega for me epitomizes a top notch UK hifi company.Their value for money and performance and styling of their product is superb.
Also you never have to worry about the guarantee on it as their so straight forward to deal with.
I love the fact they don't have their own forum and advertise.It's just been word of mouth plain good for years.
When I got my Aethos I seriously considered writing to Rega or Roy or Terry saying how much I love it and still do.But never got round to it.

When I was looking to upgrade to the Aethos the Naim Supernait 3 was also at my dealers.It wasn't even an option to even hear it.
No way would I give any of my cash to Naim and I have had 42 - HC -250 in the past.

Their a great company and so pleased with my IO - Aria - Aethos - Saturn R.
I wish them years of future strong sales.

<moderating>

Some more posts removed.

I need to point out that I am not the Rega customer service desk. I do not get paid to deal with this sort of thing. If anyone wants me to change pfm’s role to a customer service platform my rates are in the region of £45k per year, minimum (plus legal fees) as I really have no desire to do this. Noobs turning up just to complain about something or other is right out of order. This is not what pfm exists for.

Some regulars may have noticed a bit of a kerfuffle on here about Rega over the last few days. Somewhat unfair in my, and others' view. Anyway, to show a little solidarity I decided to make a small purchase from Rega and ordered a Stephen Fearing record from their shop. That was yesterday. It arrived this morning. Today is Saturday, the start of a bank holiday weekend. Even in this age of almost instant online delivery, I was impressed, and thought I'd mention it.

Not played the album yet, my wife is busy studying, but I have his first album on CD and it's stunning so I'd expect this to be good.
Coincidentally, a rather similar kerfuffle also suddenly evaporated from another dimension in webspace, yesterday.

I am currently contemplating a second system and am in the 'which amp' phase. I have looked at a few in the sub £1k S/H market and have pretty much landed either a Rotel or the Elex R unless I go boners and get my hands on one of the higher model Denons. All roads seem to point to Rega being the obvious choice at that price point.

I’ve only had the original deck/arm many years ago. But it’s good to see a talented individual do well and not get all puffed up about it. Unless it’s like ‘a hard days night’ where the the lads walk into the terraced house with the neighbours saying how they haven’t changed atall and you find a swimming pool and suchlike. Did I imagine this?

advertisement

Back