advertisement

Rega Elicit-R in a home theater set-up

regavegas

pfm Member
Hello group,
Greetings. Question: I'm thinking of swapping out my Marantz SR7005 for my Elicit-R, which has been in storage.

Has anyone used the Elicit-R has part of a home theater system? Reading the manual, it says a sub can be run from the pre-amp out. In doing that, would I be disconnecting the Elicit's power amp section, or simply adding a sub?

I would still want to use the Elicit's power, running my B&W 805's in addition to a sub.

Thanks in advance for your responses,
Jeff

Jeff, I run our TV through my Elicit but I wouldn't think out set-up compares with the 'system' approach you have in mind as we just use it in stereo through Kudos X-2 speakers. There's plenty enough resolution and bass there for my tastes. There again we've never had a 5:1 set-up nor a dedicated subwoofer as we live in a semi-detached house and have always felt it would be very intrusive for our neighbours.

Hello group,
Greetings. Question: I'm thinking of swapping out my Marantz SR7005 for my Elicit-R, which has been in storage.

Has anyone used the Elicit-R has part of a home theater system? Reading the manual, it says a sub can be run from the pre-amp out. In doing that, would I be disconnecting the Elicit's power amp section, or simply adding a sub?

I would still want to use the Elicit's power, running my B&W 805's in addition to a sub.

Thanks in advance for your responses,
Jeff

The "preamp output" bypasses the power amp section in the Elicit-R. It supplies a low level volume controlled signal external power amps or subwoofers. The "direct input" bypasses the preamp section. Typically when you integrate a two channel amp into a multichannel AV system, you would connect the front left and right preamp outputs from your AV receiver to this direct input (usually called AV bypass). How you connect up the sub depends in part on what inputs it offers, but usually you would connect it to the low frequency effects output on the AV receiver.

+1 to STRICTLY STEREO's post ..... 2-channel or multi-channel for HT? You can have both.

I use my REGA Osiris integrated amp for both. The players for 2-channel audio versus multichannel HT are not shared. The 2-channel audio has its own discrete source with an ISIS cdp /DAC and the multi-channel has its own discrete source with an ARCAM FMJ Blu-Ray player.

I ditched my standalone discreet 7.1 AV system with the top Cambridge 7.1 AVR / MARTIN LOGAN speakers in favour of this dual-use system with the OSIRIS in both.

-the OSIRIS has a direct passthrough setting from a standalone 7.1 AV Preamp/Processor (NUFORCE AVP-18) driving the 2-channel REGA R9s as the LF and RF speakers for the multi-channel AV option setup.

- The AVP is also connected to two other standalone Audio Refinement power amps (a 3 ch and a 2 ch) driving the Rega RVOX centre channel / two REGA R1 surrounds, and the two REGA R3 rears respectively.

-The AVP has its own direct RCA pre-out to the powered VANDERSTEEN subwoofer used solely for the 7.1 AV viewing experience.

WORKS LIKE A CHARM .... Highly recommended AV integration quick swap-over option with your two channel audio integrated doing dual duty.

I use a Elicit R with a Anthem MRX 700 surround amp. The Rega handles the front two channels with the Anthem handling centre and surrounds.

I use the direct setting on the Rega and works fine. I let the Anthem use its own sound balancing system and it all worked out fine, in conjunction with an external amp.

My sub links to the AV amp so cant comment on using the Rega to power a sub.

advertisement

Back