advertisement

[FS] Rega Elex-R

TonyScarlett

pfm Member
Selling my Elex-R. Bought this a few months ago off fellow PFM member @Gomers1607 in March who, in turn, bought the amp last November so less than one year old.

In excellent condition with remote, instructions & packaging.

This has been a superb amp & I will be genuinely sorry to see it go but I have just bought a Leak Stereo 20 in need of restoration.

20230610-121327.jpg
20230610-115928.jpg
20230610-115956.jpg
20230610-120016.jpg

Asking for £650, collection from Kidderminster or postage at cost.

TS

I recently picked up a Brio/DAC-R combo and it sounds immense. I had the chance to listen to the Elex R, which is the upgrade the seller had moved to as I was buying the Brio/Dac-R from them, and it sounded a cut above - especially for driving 3 way speakers/ribbon speakers!

When we gave it a go on the Monitor Audio Gold 100s (bookshelf), the Brio was was able to get out the detail and heft from the Air Motion Tweeter - but at the expense of making the mid/bass driver sound unresolving/muddier.

The moment we switch to an Elex R that tightness and definition in mid/bass was restored.

The Elex R would be an ideal purchase for someone with a 3 way speaker or ribbon tweeter looking for rhythm/agility/punch that also has an analogue sound.

Edit: Have run the Brio/DAC-R combo and it is unbelievably synergistic with both my parent's Kef Q300 and my ProAc 118s. Gives a real sense of detail to the Q300 with an analogue touch to tame the heat associated with dual concentric drivers, detail and control in the bass, and some forwards oomph to the ProAcs (which can be quite relaxed) while retaining their smoothness and clarity.

Last edited:

advertisement

Back