advertisement

Rega DAC

Dowser

Learning to bodge again..
i just bought a 2013 Rega DAC at a price too good to refuse. Figured I’d just check it worked and then sell it on for profit - took digital out from my Pioneer N-50 streamer, which I was already pretty happy with for streaming internet radio and file based playback, to check it worked and am quite surprised how good this little box sounds. Anyone else have one, or compared one to other DACs?

Might need to look at building up a streaming front end on an RPi feeding the Rega, and sell the N-50...seems silly to have 2 boxes for a background listening source, although it gets used quite a bit for internet radio.

Thanks, Richard

I have had a Rega DAC in my system for a number of years.
It performs well and I like the variety of inputs, as I have a squeezebox, Bluray player and TV connected to it and it is happy with hi res (192K) files, and I have a few of those on the NAS.
I have been to quite a few DAC bakeoffs and there is no significant difference between anything under the £1K price bracket so the Rega suits me fine.

It's a great dac. Connects you straight to the emotional side of music. I remember going from a mdac to a rega and it's like i gained an extra 50% of music. Whole thick bodied instruments and tones , the mdac very thin ,layered and hifi , the Rega more like vinyl.

It's a great dac. Connects you straight to the emotional side of music. I remember going from a mdac to a rega and it's like i gained an extra 50% of music. Whole thick bodied instruments and tones , the mdac very thin ,layered and hifi , the Rega more like vinyl.
Couldn't have put it better - I love mine, SBT with EDO mods into the Rega via usb = Instant musical satisfaction!

advertisement

Back