advertisement

Rega CD to Rega DAC, Cable ?

boegelund

pfm Member
Can I connect a Rega cd to a Rega DAC with ordinary interconnect signal cable or will it have to be some kind of digital stuff ?

I have allready some Chord & Klotz cables lying around

I tried a coax connected to my Planet. I honestly couldn't discern any difference, so the Planet is now in a box in the attic. To be honest I didn't give it an extended trial but I have tried it more than once.

In use I have found that the £49.50 Chord Company Prodac 75 ohm coaxial cable gives excellent results.

Other cables are available and obviously I have not had the opportunity to try them all.

Paul Darwin
Rega Research

In use I have found that the £49.50 Chord Company Prodac 75 ohm coaxial cable gives excellent results.

Other cables are available and obviously I have not had the opportunity to try them all.

Paul Darwin
Rega Research

Thanks Paul
Nice hearing it from horses mouth

I take it Rega does not provide matching 75 ohm cable in range

Rega and others tend to let the buyer pick a cable. This reduces the price a touch as they don't include a cable that you might not use. Cyrus does the same.

The rega DAC is a great piece of kit by the way.

Paul Darwin
Rega Research

I can second this pairing--the Chord Prodac is excellent with the Apollo-R/DAC combo.

Paul Darwin
Rega Research

I have an old but much loved Rega Jupiter Io transport and dac. It came with a Rega Single, thats half a Couple cable. It was ok but I upgraded to Chord Prodac and latter had the new VEE plugs fitted, its very good. Nice to know I got it right

rosie

advertisement

Back