advertisement

Rega Brio

No worries, the later Brio and IO are better
This is good to know. I wonder if could trade my Vena II for one.

I used to use a Brio-R with Harbeth 30.1s, some may calle that a mullet but what wonderful sounds came out of them!

Gotta tell ya, my IO is going nowhere. Special little amp. I like it better than the Brio or Brio-R. Objectively it isn’t better but there is something special about it, to me.

Last edited:
What about integrated phono stage vs external?

I have a Brio-R in my home office system with my GL78. I'm currently using it with a Rega Aria phono stage though (yes, I know it's probably overkill but it was spare).

As expected, the Brio sounds bloody great with the Aria. I also have an Apollo-R with the system too.

I actually prefer the Brio to the IO. The IO was very good but limited for the inputs I needed.

I have an Aethos in my main set up but I get a lot of enjoyment from this system.

I've had 3or 4 Brio Rs..something addictive about them with an excellent phono. However last one went when melancholy music was injected with too much pace. Mostly use Quads so maybe a bit too much of a departure. Like many here, like to chop and change kit around. Currently marvelling at the driving abilities of the Linn LK100. Drums sound v realistic.

advertisement

Back