advertisement

Rega Brio-r, No Sound

Lee T

pfm Member
Sold this a while ago, the buyer was using it for a week or so with no issue then the sound stopped.
It powers on but nothing coming through to the speakers.

Received it back today & thought it was fine for a around 2 seconds after switch on when sound was coming through fine, then, nothing.

Thought maybe someone has a clue about what the issue could be.

No idea, i'm no techie unfortunately. Seems odd sound came through when first switched on, then went dead. It's been in transit from the US for around a week & there was no sound when shipped.

No idea, i'm no techie unfortunately. Seems odd sound came through when first switched on, then went dead. It's been in transit from the US for around a week & there was no sound when shipped.
Brio-R has electronic input switching with a long ribbon cable connecting between the front panel mounted PCB and rear of the main board. After being bounced around during such transit as to the US, let alone back again, this may have been disturbed enough that there exists some input control issue.

Best to give your Rega dealer a ring and let them have a look. If it proves to be something as simple as this ribbon needing reseating, then at least having them tend to it will keep you straight wrt any residual and/or 'good faith' warranty that might still exist should it have to go off to Rega HQ.

I'll take a look at the ribbon cable, worth checking it is still connected properly, thanks.

Cable looks fine. I'm going to pop this on Ebay for parts. Not worth my time, i have another.

Following Tony’s “right to repair” line of thought, and knowing Rega’s reputation for customer service I’d ask my dealer to ask Rega if they’d fix under good faith / the grey customer rights to expect an item to provide service for such and such period of time.

Obviously this depends on its age, and perhaps the fact it’s been on two long journeys!

Better than part of it becoming landfill?

advertisement

Back