advertisement

Rega at Audio T Manchester

Any colour you like (as long as it's black)?

I prefer my Rega in something else. I'll be sticking with my shiny white RP6.

Is it the Brexit effect, looks like a price hike? I got my RP6 including Exact for the price of the new 6 without cart. Was around 4 years ago, though (shortly before this combo went up to £1100).

To me it looks like a better deck than RP6, maybe even on level or close to RP8 performance which is allready superb
Time will tell

I like the mat black finish, more than piano bling red,black,white P2,3

400 extra gets you the exiting new Ania, would have hoped for a refined Exact, maybe later on ?

Guess later on we will be offered more colours

Jamie,

Not sure the about Brexit effect you refer to, it is an all new turntable, new plinth, new platter, new hub, new inner hub, new feet, new lid etc so comparisons are perhaps inappropriate and costs £998 without cartridge.

The RP6 with Exact was £1098 so not the same price at all although admittedly you refer to a 4 year old price.

Best,

PD

Comparisons between the Planar 6 and the RP8 would be interesting.

I see a lot of people using the RP8 with the outer plinth in place at all times therefore not utilising the skeletal option. The Planar 6 doesn't have the skeletal option and if it's as good as the RP8 then it may be a worthwhile alternative option.

Would the costs of manufacturing a skeletal plinth in the RP8 be greater than the Planar 6 but the Planar 6 have some better components in other areas than the RP8 ?

I thought there would be a streamer or Bluetooth speaker or soundbar or headphones or something a little cheaper.

Jamie,

Sorry forgot to mention the all new Neo TTPSU that comes as standard with the new Planar 6 in the £998 asking price.

PD

Honestly, that would surprise me. Not really the Rega way as I've come to understand it. IMO, of course.

Evolution not revolution seems to be Rega's route to success.

The TTs are really strong value for money and great performers.

The streamer segment of the market requires big buckets of R&D time/money/resources to get right, and small buckets of R&D to get it wrong...

Evolution not revolution seems to be Rega's route to success.

The TTs are really strong value for money and great performers.

The streamer segment of the market requires big buckets of R&D time/money/resources to get right, and small buckets of R&D to get it wrong...

I think your right

Quite interesting to watch Rega's business method by ongoing and succesfull turntable development

Rega may very well have their earned share for a growing vinyl market niche, kudos for that

As for streamer segment issues just watch the current new Uniti difficulties Naim are facing as well as all the customers that allready placed an order.

Sadly Per that was that was the example I had in mind....

I purchased a Yamaha WXC-50 to replace my old Apple TV MkI recently and it demonstrated what a large company with decent resources can do with a streamer. Great sound, simple to setup, easy to use with a number of sources and an unexpected upgrade path to embrace additional streaming services as they, Yamaha, make them work reliably.

advertisement

Back