advertisement

Rega Apheta 1 issue

gerlando

Prog Rocker
Hello there.

During the removing of the stylus guard from my Apheta 1, the holding yoke for the stylus guard got stuck in it and detached from the cartridge.

Do you know if there is a way to fix it?

Kind regards.
Mauro

I never had a stylus guard for my Apheta 1 or do you mean the arrow shaped wire that guards the stylus and not traditional slide on type guard?

Unlucky. Had a look at mine and it appears to be bonded. Maybe with care you could push it back in (with tweezers) and not use the guard. I don't use mine.

Unlucky. Had a look at mine and it appears to be bonded. Maybe with care you could push it back in (with tweezers) and not use the guard. I don't use mine.
It seems broken.
qowCNhl.jpg

That cantilever looks very exposed without the guard wire in place; if it were mine, I'd contact Rega.

looks like it just glues into place, I suppose it won't make any difference when playing records, I'm sure Rega will sort it out for you.

When you say 'contact Rega" you mean contact my local dealer?

Sorry, yes, via your local dealer if you have one. If there isn't a Rega dealer near you, I'm sure that Rega would be happy to help if you contacted them directly.

It's not easy to ship the cartridge in this condition, without the opportunity to put the stylus guard on.

Looks frightening but actually the cantilever assembly is pretty robust. Careful wrapping and sent to Rega I'm sure they would sort it.

Re. Stylus guard Apheta 3
. I find the stylus guard very difficult to fit, does anyone have another solution? Or just not use it.

advertisement

Back