advertisement

Refurb iPad 4 or new iPad 5 (mini)

russel

./_dazed_and_confused
My trusty nexus 7 is getting a bit long in the tooth, unfortunately it looks like apple is now the only game in town. Used for cyber loafing, is the 5 better value for long term use? or should I just get a refurb four, would it last about four years?, I have had the nexus for six.

My trusty nexus 7 is getting a bit long in the tooth, unfortunately it looks like apple is now the only game in town. Used for cyber loafing, is the 5 better value for long term use? or should I just get a refurb four, would it last about four years?, I have had the nexus for six.
I too am contemplating a replacement for my old Nexus 7. One of the reason I bought the Nexus (which is still working though a bit battered) in the first place was because it wasn't an Apple. Why do you think Apple is the only game in town?

With Google not interested in tablets then any new one will most likely not be supported after a couple of years, the good thing about the nexus 7 was that the updates kept coming, as well as it was nicely specced.

What do you use your tablet for?

IMO get the best you can afford; being a huge Android fan, iPhones imo don’t come close. But for tablets, the iPad is the best of the lot

The basic 9.7” iPad at c£320 is hard to beat for simple tasks and it’ll do about everything needed for a standard user

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
With Google not interested in tablets then any new one will most likely not be supported after a couple of years, the good thing about the nexus 7 was that the updates kept coming, as well as it was nicely specced.
I can see why. I have seen a sharp decline in tablet visits on my website in the last 2 years. So far this month:

Mobile 3,804
Desktop 2,340
Tablet 623

My market is quite old too, I would say average age 45-50.

advertisement

Back