advertisement

rediscovering records you haven't played in a decade

Haha. I know what you mean, but I can now listen to them completely straight-faced. Maybe I'm just getting old.

I've just bought some Little Feat albums to replace my old scratched ones that I hadn't listened to for 20 years.

In the interim period I've listened to Little Feat CDs, and played lossless files of them through a DAC, but it has never sounded quite as gripping as the vinyl.

I'm glad I saw the band a few times before Lowell George died.

Jack

We may disagree on most everything else, Jack, but I share your love of Little Feat.

Saw them twice, once where they were 2nd on the bill to the Doobie Brothers (they totally & utterly blew the Doobies into the weeds, BTW), the second time on the world tour from which "Waiting For Columbus" was culled.

An absolutely blinding band!

Chris

Lately fallen in love with Joni Mitchell's Blue. Astonishingly good, doesn't sound dated.

Bill Nelson- Chimera/Savage Gestures, Catalogue Of Obsessions and Chamber Of Dreams all on cassette. Why did I stop listening to this stuff, it's great!

Bill Nelson- Chimera/Savage Gestures, Catalogue Of Obsessions and Chamber Of Dreams all on cassette. Why did I stop listening to this stuff, it's great!

Have you seen this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT4qvi126F0

I kept wanting the large guy in the suit to get out of the was so that I could see Bill :)

Last night I spun Traffics ''Low Spark of High Heeled Boys'' it was a little noisy as it has been well over a decade since I have played it.

After reading the plaudits on here regarding The Division Bell I decided to give it another stab. It’s still cringe worthy and more embarrassing to listen to than Kylie. It was a well intentioned gift at the time.

I had forgotten just how good Grandaddy's The Sophtware Slump is.

Joe

If you have this on vinyl I am envious, I have been trying to get it for years and have only found two, one was £300 and the other I missed on ebay because I wans't concentrating. Great album!

If you have this on vinyl I am envious, I have been trying to get it for years and have only found two, one was £300 and the other I missed on ebay because I wans't concentrating. Great album!

Bloody ell! I'll have to get mine out of the loft....

I've been on a bit of a road trip filming round Dumfries way this week, so obviously took a bundle of music with me. A few albums that I hadn't played in ages but really enjoyed were:
Elvis Costello - Armed Forces
Bill Withers - Live At Carnegie Hall
The Fall - Extricate
New Order - Low-life

Mark,

Cool, my retirement savings are sitting in an Ikea Expedit.

Joe

advertisement

Back