advertisement

Recruitment emails

matt j

pfm Member
I tend to get a fair few of these from rather generic sounding recruitment companies, are they legit or just another scam farming personal details? The job descriptions read like something written by AI

There might well be some scams going around, but there are also a ton of substandard recruiters out there. People who genuine can't (or can't be bothered to) read a LinkedIn profile properly and match it to a job description, people who doesn't seem to understand what I might look for in a new job, some pretty obvious cultural misunderstandings etc.

53681472307_e7e03c57c9_b.jpg

Someone is watching....

I tend to get a fair few of these from rather generic sounding recruitment companies, are they legit or just another scam farming personal details? The job descriptions read like something written by AI

There are a lot of recruitment scams on Whatsapp at the moment, haven't heard of email campaigns though.

I can give you a list of proper recruiters if you are looking. They vary in quality, and a good one can become useless overnight if someone leaves. They have a lot of churn and a lot of people learn the skills and then set up on their own. Setup fees are sod all, a computer, phone, spare room, and a few legals and you are away. There's a massive skills shortage in food manufacturing at the moment. All levels, but engineers, supervisor s, managers are very scarce. I'm cleaning up.😁

I'm not on Linkedin, so I can only assume I may be getting them via Indeed. I'm not actively looking but some of the offers that I get are tempting as the money is significantly more for the same job but I've always lived by the whole "if it's too good to be true, it probably is" mantra.

I'm not on Linkedin, so I can only assume I may be getting them via Indeed. I'm not actively looking but some of the offers that I get are tempting as the money is significantly more for the same job but I've always lived by the whole "if it's too good to be true, it probably is" mantra.
I would say it depends on what it is you do and if there are a lack of your skill set(s) in the market. Just look at truck drivers during the pandemic, salaries north of £50k a year due to shortages, who’d have thought it!

Recruitment companies often send out fishing emails en masse to see who's out there. Data collection exercise.

LinkedIn is the worst for spamming fairly junior level jobs requiring 10~20 years of experience.
I presume that these are sent before recruiting cheap foreign labour, to pretend that there are no locals.

Have a word with someone like DR Newitt, Silven, Circle Select, you'll soon work out the going rate for your skills in food manufacturing. You're a service & maintenance engineer for catering equipment, right? A food factory would love you. You might get a nice surprise.

I think food production equipment is different again and not something we do, I have done it in the past because the boss is the type that doesn't know how to say no even when it's stuff we dont do and I've just had to wing it on the fly, but then he's a tw*t like that. Hence me being tempted.

I think food production equipment is different again and not something we do, I have done it in the past because the boss is the type that doesn't know how to say no even when it's stuff we dont do and I've just had to wing it on the fly, but then he's a tw*t like that. Hence me being tempted.
It is different from catering stuff but I know that with your background you'd be snapped up in a food factor y. Transferable skills and all that. Especially if you are multi skilled with a 3 phase ticket.

TBH it is the gas ticket is where value lies.
Well, you'd know more about that, all I know is how hard it is to get engineers with any skills. It's not shortage of pay, either, they do very nicely thank you, especially with sh ift and OT.

LinkedIn is the worst for spamming fairly junior level jobs requiring 10~20 years of experience.
I presume that these are sent before recruiting cheap foreign labour, to pretend that there are no locals.

As I use a unique email address for email, I know where this enquiry came from but I was once asked whether I had O level maths for a junior role, when I was in my late 50's and a PhD candidate ( Cosmology) and Open university maths tutor.
They could apparently harvest my email but not any other pertinent information ?

I get notifications of job positions which I assume are from Linkedin. Just notifications. I ignore them because I've retired.
I've been retired for 4yrs now, and still get job offers, from unknown parties. Can you believe Gas Safe, still ask for my registration fees🤣

I used to get a load of job offers for warehouse store persons in Warrington. I’m retired and living in Hampshire…..it’s a bit of a commute. :D

advertisement

Back