advertisement

Recommend me a whiskey glass

For some reason I was getting a lot of adverts on Facebook for these. I'm not sure if they enhance the whisky experience or not but, they look good.

Oh ok. I saw this one in David Mellor last week…

2560515_4.jpg

Weighs plenty thanks to the thick base. Didn’t buy any as they wouldn’t get used much, but still tempted to get some.
I have these. They’re excellent. Weighty and well made.

Buying any booze for anyone that you do not know very, very well, is a recipe for potential disaster.

Very many very serious, life-long whisk(e)y drinkers far prefer a good blend over any single malt, just for starters.
Best glass? One that is temporarily empty!

You can often find nice deals with free glasses with a bottle, e.g. here’s a bottle of Jura 10 year with two free glasses (Amazon). I’ve got a pair of these and they are pretty nice, but a bit big for me (I add nothing to whisky). My favourites are a pair of smaller Scapa glasses, but I think you need to do the factory tour for those.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Norlan are a compromise between the Glencairn and a tumbler. They used to be over £40 iirc but appear to have come down to a more sensible price of £25 each since I last looked:
Mrs P-T bought me a pair of these a couple of Christmases ago. I liked them, and they are different. But they are fragile - both mine broke in normal use within a year. And the wide lip takes a little getting used to. But I’d still endorse the recommendation.

advertisement

Back