advertisement

Re Alphason Adonis power amp

tankertop

pfm Member
Does anyone own one of these or have a service manual? Acquired a bodged one that needs R47 and R 48 replaced... But I'm wary of the 4k7 resistors put in as every other resistor replaced on one side was out by a factor of 10 compared to the working channel 

My query wandered, as lonely as a cloud...

Alright, let's turn things around slightly. Does anybody know who actually made the Adonis for Alphason? Looks a bit Musical Fidelity from the rear panel...

Previous owner had replaced a stack of resistors in the LH channel. All symmetrical so got the multimeter out... every replaced resistor was an incorrect value compared to the original equivalents on the RH channel. Quite a few PCB tracks burnt out too, Have lots of caps and resistors lying around, acquired some BC139 and BC140 and have steadily undone all the bad work - haven't powered it up but if the output devices are gone I'll just junk it... just thought I'd try to give it the kiss of life so as long as it didn't cost me much.

Anyhow, just two resistors left - R 47 and R 48 - located just to the left of the LHS green J119 Mosfet (?) on the heatsink. Both are 4.7k ohms though one's open circuit. Unbelievably neither are actually connected to the PCB at either end! Given the other resistor value errors I'm dubious about the accuracy of the values selected for these hence the original question.

Decided early on to extract all the replaced ones and measure them out of the board :)

[And double-checked banding, the majority of which were unburnt).

If they're the same mosfets as in the claymore (sounds like it), they're hard to find and expensive. Keep the case and transformer though, you never know when they'll come in handy!

Did you have success with this tankertop? I may (stress on may) be able to lay my hands on the circuit diagrams for the Adonis.

Gave up in the end. PCB also proved hideous to work with which sealed it. Cannibalised the power supply/enclosure and tossed the rest. Saw somewhere that this might have been a Musical Fidelity subcontract job. Thanks for the response though...

Hi, I'm looking for an Alphason Adonis power amplifier, working or not does anyone have one for sale?

Hitachi fets.2sj119 2sk414

Can get on Ebay for £5 each.

Paul.

These are obsolete parts, the chances of an eBay seller giving you genuine parts, unless it's a reputable seller like Jim's audio, is somewhere in the region colloquially known as FA. I have genuine 2SJ118 ,2SK413 that I can photograph if you want a reference.

advertisement

Back