advertisement

Rb 900 ortofon cadenza

pit

pfm Member
dears
Do you have expérience with rb 900 and ortofon cadenza black?
I m afraid about the cadenza weight compared to the arm

Thanks a lot
Pit

No direct experience of the combination.
However, a couple of initial thoughts......
The Cadenza Black is probably worthy of a better arm than the rb900, I’d have thought.
Secondly, the Cadenzas I’ve seen tend to ride very low. Very. So getting the VTA & arm mounting height will be critical. You may need to shim the rear of the arm?

The Cadenza weighs 10.7g & iirc the Rega arm will take that weight with no issues,( the rb900 will take up to 15g I think) so I wouldn’t let the weight compatibility be a worry.
Is the rb900 fitted to an rp9?
If it is, I would contact Rega, or at least a decent Rega dealer for their opinion & ask them about the ride height specifically.
The Cadenza Black is a superb cart, so it’s worth a bit of effort to make sure the combo is right for you.

I don't know where you are located, but I can highly recommend the Audiobarn as a great dealer/source of info. They are Linn & Rega dealers & Steve there has been servicing & setting up turntables, Linns especially for many years. I'm pretty sure he would be able to answer any questions with regards to TT/Arm/Cart suitability.

I don't know where you are located, but I can highly recommend the Audiobarn as a great dealer/source of info. They are Linn & Rega dealers & Steve there has been servicing & setting up turntables, Linns especially for many years. I'm pretty sure he would be able to answer any questions with regards to TT/Arm/Cart suitability.

Yes, Ben is a good guy.

I only know Jack & Steve at the Audiobarn, not dealt with Ben before unless that’s a nickname for one of em.
Anyway, they are a dealer I have nothing but the highest praise for.

RB900 is a superb tonearm. According to Ortofon, the Cadenza series are 18mm from stylus tip to top cartridge mounting surface. Rega MMs are approximately 15mm tip to top. On an LP12 the Rega 2mm stainless spacer for 3-point tonearms is considered to be the minimum you'll need to get close to level alignment (or likely, slightly tail down) with an average height cartridge.

Last edited:
I used RB1000 with Ortofon Jubilee, of Cadenza is a close relative. Great combination and highly recommended.

I think I used one spacer.

advertisement

Back