advertisement

Raymond Scott

chrisallan

Go on - bodge it!
Just really discovered this mad genius. Listening to some of the sounds he made with the circle machine reminds me of much later electronic music. Was he too far advanced for the 50s and 60s? What's strange is that some of the sounds he made seem to fit the era so well; the wonderment at Sputnick and the new fangled household gadgets that were sweeping America at the time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raymond_Scott

Soothing Sounds for Baby is very worthwhile if you like electronica. Excellent music. Although if you hear it once it becomes an earworm for about 3 months. My vinyl copy also came with instructions on how parent a baby....

Soothing Sounds for Baby is very worthwhile if you like electronica. Excellent music. Although if you hear it once it becomes an earworm for about 3 months. My vinyl copy also came with instructions on how parent a baby....

I picked up a triple vinyl of this in Barcelona a couple of months ago, but haven't made it all the way through it yet. TBH, the first LP was a bit 'nursery rhyme' (but then I'm not 6 months old). Even then, it has some lovely early electronica sounds on it. One of my friends has just had a baby so I'm going to send them a needle drop and see if it works..

advertisement

Back