advertisement

Raven AC turntable on Craigslist, Scam?

Hi Guys,

Thought I would tell of my experiences too.

Am looking to upgrade my tannoys and say a Rectangular pair of GRF's for £1700!!

Wow, based in Irvine Scotland, uncle just died, broken english, name of carlo:

Hi,
The speakers are still for sale.I'm located in Irvine at my uncle's place .He recently passed away and I have to sell his belongings.I prefer you will come to collect but if you want I can ship.
I'm waiting your email soon.
Regards Carlo

He sent me a load of pictures of these speakers, but they seemed to be from two different locations, and in the background were loads of other speakers.
I must admit, I had pure lust in my eyes, they are my dream pair of speakers so I email him back to see if he can meet me in York half way and if he has any other speakers for sale

Hi James,
I don't sell other speakers right now.I can't travel right now because of my uncle's dead.
I will sell with 1750 pounds with shipping and insurance included.I accept bank transfer for payment.
Let me know if we have a deal.
Regards Carlo

Awful english, so finally i replied saying i'll be up north with my cousins and we will pop up to collect.....still waiting for a reply.

These scammers certainly know how to pull at a music lovers wallet!!:D

Offer cash once you see the goods in person and take it/them away with you. Only way if you don't trust someone.
May be a wasted trip / may not.

I just can't work out why the text is word for word the same as previous posters here.

Everything points to being dodgy.....but my greed is kicking in.

The only way is to go, and i'll take some mates with me just in case.

Come round my house, I'll kick you squarely in the balls for $50. It'll be a cheap lesson.

I just can't work out why the text is word for word the same as previous posters here.

Everything points to being dodgy.....but my greed is kicking in.

The only way is to go, and i'll take some mates with me just in case.

Greed..... or curiosity :eek:

Be careful out there :)

Ha - I did, even 192.com.:)

The street looks really nice. In my head I know its a scam so I told him that I wasn't interested in coming to Scotland.

He then said he would post the speakers to me and that after 30 Days he would guarantee that if I wasn't satisfied, I could have all my money back.

The bottom line is, no one in the real world selling anything behaves like this, I want a pair of rectangular GRF's so bad, but I will wait until it is my time.
In the mean time, im grabbing some rectangular Yorks, and I can't wait.

Anyone who wants to take the chance:

http://london.craigslist.co.uk/eld/3894629550.html

Twenty quid says they are actually in the collection of that crazy Chinese guy with the huge collection spread over 3 floors.

advertisement

Back