advertisement

Rarewaves shop

Subharmonicon

pfm Member
Im gonna have a little moan about these guys,

I ordered a record from them in the first week of March, that has today just arrived 4th April. Totally warped! I could see how warped it was before even taking it out of its sleeve. It was like this when it was packed! the first and last time I will be buying anything from these guys. this kind of vendor obviously docent care what they send out. Moan over.

Sorry to hear about your experience. My experience has been very positive buying from the UK and US outlets. I bought a Norah Jones Christmas album, via the US outlet on eBay, which had notable distortion, I contacted them and received a full refund.

Have you contacted customer support? I'm not sure all the packing people will necessarily engage a 'quality check' mechanism a new sealed item.

Obviously, if you've contacted them and had a bad experience, that's entirely different.

I hope you can resolve this.

They're a bit of a lottery. I've bought records from their Ebay shop. One arrived with a badly bent sleeve but no damage to the packaging - i.e. it had clearly been packed in that condition. Their customer support were adamant that it must have happened in transit and I accepted a 50% refund. I think everything else I've bought through them as been fine.

ive just got a full refund, but really they were a total waste of time. glad others have had reasonable experiences with em but as a first experience its just not on and I will never purchase from them again. Vinyl is expensive these days and I resent having to deal with this kind of shit tbh.

Used them on a few occasions. Worst problem by far is sloooow delivery. I've used them for Vinyl, SACD & BluRay. However on separate occasions I bought vinyl direct from their site & via Amazon. On the first occasion the vinyl turned up in a badly bent sleeve, it was terrible. After contact on the matter they duly sent out another copy FOC, which turned out fine. I now have 2 copies! The Amazon order took a very long time to arrive so I requested a refund (under Amazon terms). They agreed to send out another. Few days later original order turned up. So now I have another one winging its way to me as well. May get intercepted in transit though.

I've used them and my only gripe is that slow delivery. I've had to email them about a Spiritualized LP that I ordered about a month ago - they've agreed to send another and I'll probably end up with two.

This seems to be a recent issue for me. In the past no problems. I recently ordered a 12” single and it had no tracking and didn’t arrive. I bought from them as they were much cheaper than anywhere else (it was a Ltd edition). I got a full refund but that hasn’t helped as the same item elsewhere is now even more expensive!

I thought they shipped from the UK even though they are a US outlet? Have others found that records do eventually arrive albeit slow? Mine is about 10+ days now (even second class post normally gets to me in two days). Might it still arrive? I was cynically wondering whether they actually posted it….

I thought they shipped from the UK even though they are a US outlet? Have others found that records do eventually arrive albeit slow? Mine is about 10+ days now (even second class post normally gets to me in two days). Might it still arrive? I was cynically wondering whether they actually posted it….
I wonder if they're being transported from an overseas hub before being posted in the UK?

There's a Japanese firm MION who have recently started selling on Discogs. They explain that everything is warehoused in Germany and orders shipped en masse to the UK for dispatch once a week - so delivery time can be up to a fortnight.

I’ve ordered several items from their eBay shop. Mostly SACDs plus a few CDs because they’re the cheapest I can find. They state a UK postcode (GU14) on eBay, but the item always takes 7 days or more to arrive so I thought they’re shipped from the US. Items have always arrived though.

Perhaps a tad unrealistic to expect top level service from discount volume mail order sellers. The business model doesn't include rigorous quality control because that costs the money you didn't want to pay.

This seems to be a recent issue for me. In the past no problems. I recently ordered a 12” single and it had no tracking and didn’t arrive. I bought from them as they were much cheaper than anywhere else (it was a Ltd edition). I got a full refund but that hasn’t helped as the same item elsewhere is now even more expensive!

I’ve bought from them via EBay rather than directly. Never had any issues (Im U.K. based).

advertisement

Back