Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Ramadan

Discussion in 'off topic' started by hifinutt, Apr 11, 2021.

1. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

Wishing all our Islamic brothers a blessed Ramadan, some start Monday and some Tues . Good to have a time of spiritual reflection and I admire the dedication of many doing this fast as long as it does not affect health . God bless you all

2. Vinny

Vinny pfm Member

Ramzan mubarak

Sonny Beauceron, Rana and hifinutt like this.
  3. Vinny

Vinny pfm Member

Haram. To do so would at the very least not be sunna.

4. davidsrsb

davidsrsb pfm Member

Starts Tuesday for me. The new moon was only this morning my time

zarniwoop likes this.
  5. davidsrsb

davidsrsb pfm Member

The elderly, long term sick and pregnant women are supposed not to fast, but pay a low fee each day to feed the poor instead.

Not eating and drinking in the daytime is easy enough. Not saying anything bad or getting angry is much harder

6. cjarchez

cjarchez pfm Member

It's also Songkran (new year in parts of SE Asia).

7. Vinny

Vinny pfm Member

I strongly suspect that that is true for everyone, but Saudi and the Wahabis/salafists.......................

8. PsB

PsB Citizen of Nowhere™

Ramadan Kareem, and ATB to those fasting.

martin clark and AnilS like this.
  9. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

Eid Mubarak to all our Muslim members , lovely to see folks in their finest gear and fancy shoes !!

vince rocker, PsB, robs and 5 others like this.
  10. wacko

wacko pfm Member

Shame that Netanyahu used the month when Muslims are fasting to attack Al Aqsa mosque and steal some more Palestinian homes in Jerusalem.
    It is not a 'conflict' when one side has one of the strongest military in the world and the other side are civilians in an open air prison.

11. Euan

Euan pfm Member

Sadly, it is an absolute boon for Netanyahu to improve his dire political position.

12. davidsrsb

davidsrsb pfm Member

It doesn't end well. Al Aqsa is one of the three holy sites that every Muslim in the world must defend, not negotiable.

13. JonR

JonR Brainwashed Bloke

Netanyahu needed a war. It keeps him in office and therefore out of prison.

I think he got a bit more than he bargained for though. Not only is it Israel vs Gaza but it's also Israeli (Jew) vs Israeli (Arab) and various towns/cities where they have normally just about managed to live side by side. The saddest aspect of this for me is that all the time the tensions were building towards the violence we are now seeing, the government, who should have been the responsible actor in this matter, did nothing to ease them. In fact it has gone the other way, stoking the fires instead. Israel will surely come out on top once the violence comes to an end, but how many more Jewish and Palestinian deaths we will see by then is anybody's guess, especially if Netanyahu goes ahead and authorises a ground incursion into Gaza.

Doubtless I will be told that there are some errors in what I've written here, but in these conflicts through the ages truth is often the first casualty. I don't see this one being any different.

14. PaulMB

PaulMB pfm Member

With delightful neighbours like Hamas it is probably a good idea to have an efficient military system. And I don't think Bibi could care less if anyone is fasting or not.

JonR and Soundwave like this.