advertisement

Radiohead - Spectre

Muttley2

pfm Member
A nice Christmas present from Radiohead. I can't believe they did a Bond theme and it didn't get used. Free to download from soundcloud... Enjoy

Thanks - listened on the laptop, and I can see why it wasn't chosen.

It's far too good for the general public!

I think releasing it for free is one in the eye for those who rejected it. At least Radiohead can keep their integrity intact at the same time.

Another f**king dirge that only slightly betters the official theme.

Bond films don't need such a downbeat start - it needs a blarting, honking stomper like 'Thunderball', 'Live and Let Die' or even 'You Know My Name'. I want to be getting all pumped up for another adventure, not wanting to slash my wrists.

Am I the only one who is surprised they submitted a track? A bit bizarre to say the least. I can't wait for their new album.

Here's a link to their Bond theme, below that is Thom Yorke performing live a few weeks back in Paris playing two new tracks.

Last edited by a moderator:
It reminds me of another great Bond theme that never was - ladies and gentleman, I give you Adam Buxton.

I want a Quantum of Solace
But only just a quantum
I know they do big bags of solace
But I don't want 'em

Interesting that the Radiohead and Smith songs are both sung in counter-tenor vocals.

I love Radiohead and I like this, but this isn't really a Bond theme. I can see why it as rejected.

The best recent one IMHO was Adel's.

Stephen

As a massive fan of Radiohead when they were in their prime, I'd say this is awful and lazy of radiohead. It's just not written well, it's undynamic. The arrangements would have taken them a while but it's a really weak bit of music!

Radiohead would have to be back to their best to nail a Bond theme, and if they were then it could be amazing, but it's years since they've been able to write a decent song now.

I absolutely love this song. Listened to it for the best part of Christmas and I'm not even such a big fan of the band. Still, I do not think it would have been well received had it been actually used for the Bond film.

I absolutely love this song. Listened to it for the best part of Christmas and I'm not even such a big fan of the band. Still, I do not think it would have been well received had it been actually used for the Bond film.

Now, if Chris Cornell had done a proper job maybe you would have had a modern bond song worth liking ;)

Now, if Chris Cornell had done a proper job maybe you would have had a modern bond song worth liking ;)

Yes... I am not a fan of Cornell outside of Soundgarden, though :) Still, could have been worse if he'd teamed up with Timbaland for that one.

advertisement

Back