advertisement

Radio Paradise FLAC stream into Roon?

You can't play the RP flac stream in Roon but it does work with a SB touch, there's loads of info on the SB forum on how to do it.

Yes, Got LMS. Also added latest LMS 7.9 exe. and added the RP pluggin but still can't get it to work, very frustrating. Now get error message "Warning: We tried to verify this stream, but were unable to connect to the stream server. This stream may not play properly on your player. (500 Can't connect to radioparadise::80 (Bad hostname))". I'm very much a tech novice, so finding it all a bit trying.

Think I need to take an advanced electronics degree just to get my head around some of the advice I'm getting from the squeezebox forum. Might try playing my iphone through a DAC or just go back to android and Chromecast Audio!!

Go into the server settings > plugins > bottom of the page is "additional repositories" add the following URL here and click apply

http://www.herger.net/slim-plugins/repo.xml

Page should refresh

Now go into the 3rd party plugin section of "server settings > plugins" and enable "Radio Paradise" and click apply, it will restart and then you should see the RP app on the player page in the "My Apps" section

Have you asked on the Squeezebox forum.There is a thread on this.
Yes I have, but every solution just seems to lead to another problem. Latest adbvise was to name SB in LMS, but now I've lost connection between SB and MySB?

@ks234

On Windows (10 is bloody awful) download the latest nightly

http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/7.9/sc/3c23014/LogitechMediaServer-7.9.1-1511768958.exe

right click the .exe and install as exec.

From the LMS web gui click on "Settings" brhc and on the Settings page click on "Plugins" tab, scroll down to 3rd party plugins and tick the box for Radio Paradise, continue to scroll down and tick the box for "Update plugins automatically", then click on "Apply" brhc.

Click on restart now, click on OK, wait a few secs and refresh the page.

Return to the LMS web gui, refresh the page and RP should be under "My Apps".

It does not stream as a continuous flow of data but as short files (I don't understand the tech side).
It can still be a bit flakey (it is a beta) but next year Bill at RP hopes to make it more linuxy available.

This plugin on LMS is a result of cooporation between M Herger and Bill at RP.

Enjoy.

Ronnie

ps, also install the Radio France plugin and give fip a listen

Just done this on a Windows 10 Desktop and it's playing fine into a Boom.

So from the answers I assume that there isn't any direct URL to RP flac service to paste into Roon?
No, there isn’t. I’ve found it works pretty well from the RP apps on iOS, Mac OSX and Andriod, streaming over AirPlay or Chromecast into a Naim streamer, but other than the possible LMS solution (which I have no experience of) I think you can only stream FLAC from within the apps at the moment.
Sound quality is pretty good, certainly better than the lossy streams, but not as good as streaming local CD rips from a NAS.

Yes I have, but every solution just seems to lead to another problem. Latest adbvise was to name SB in LMS, but now I've lost connection between SB and MySB?

Sounds like you have multiple issues. The SB forum is by far the best place for information on anything squeezebox/LMS-related.

@ks234

On Windows (10 is bloody awful) download the latest nightly

http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/7.9/sc/3c23014/LogitechMediaServer-7.9.1-1511768958.exe

right click the .exe and install as exec.

From the LMS web gui click on "Settings" brhc and on the Settings page click on "Plugins" tab, scroll down to 3rd party plugins and tick the box for Radio Paradise, continue to scroll down and tick the box for "Update plugins automatically", then click on "Apply" brhc.

Click on restart now, click on OK, wait a few secs and refresh the page.

Return to the LMS web gui, refresh the page and RP should be under "My Apps".

It does not stream as a continuous flow of data but as short files (I don't understand the tech side).
It can still be a bit flakey (it is a beta) but next year Bill at RP hopes to make it more linuxy available.

This plugin on LMS is a result of cooporation between M Herger and Bill at RP.

Enjoy.

Ronnie

ps, also install the Radio France plugin and give fip a listen

Just done this on a Windows 10 Desktop and it's playing fine into a Boom.

Many thanks, that's the sort of step by step guide I could've done with days ago. However, I've done all those steps and I seem to get a new problem each time. I've just uninstalled everything LMS related (again) and will re install again later. Listening to RP through iphone right now and it sounds OK. it sounds a bit CDish, by which I mean a bit sharp and tinny, whereas SBT, even at 320KBPS sounds more rounded. Might try iphone through a DAC. No idea if this will do anything, but has to be worth a try.

Hi, I was wondering: Is there a stream-link to find anywhere for the new FLAC stream? Anyone?
As it's FLAC you will obviously want to listen over a Hi-Res Player. For which i need a link. Every thing else makes no sense to me. I still hope it's just not up there yet.
(btw: plugin or not, this software or that - the stream is a stream. It's not that complicated - unless you willfully make it so)

(btw: plugin or not, this software or that - the stream is a stream. It's not that complicated - unless you willfully make it so)

Not all streams are the same! In this case, the RP FLAC 'stream' is actually more a form of file playback rather than a true 'stream' and as such, would require the receiving player to be given access to the RP API in order to process it. This has been implemented on Squeezebox, and JRiver are looking into it. There's a good chance that others will seek to implement it too. Just using a URL in the likes of VTuner will not work.

Hi, I was wondering: Is there a stream-link to find anywhere for the new FLAC stream? Anyone?
As it's FLAC you will obviously want to listen over a Hi-Res Player. For which i need a link. Every thing else makes no sense to me. I still hope it's just not up there yet.

As @Whatsisnaim noted this is not so much a stream as it is file playback, either as tracks or as larger files with indices (I can't recall which), and that is why we can skip tracks. Judging from the 32 pages of posts on just the Squeezebox plugin v2 released four months ago, this has not been simple to implement but it's working well for me. The RP app on my phone is very nice too.

Not all streams are the same! In this case, the RP FLAC 'stream' is actually more a form of file playback rather than a true 'stream' and as such, would require the receiving player to be given access to the RP API in order to process it. This has been implemented on Squeezebox, and JRiver are looking into it. There's a good chance that others will seek to implement it too. Just using a URL in the likes of VTuner will not work.

As @Whatsisnaim noted this is not so much a stream as it is file playback, either as tracks or as larger files with indices (I can't recall which), and that is why we can skip tracks. Judging from the 32 pages of posts on just the Squeezebox plugin v2 released four months ago, this has not been simple to implement but it's working well for me. The RP app on my phone is very nice too.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...ng-(Plugin-v2)&p=905062&viewfull=1#post905062

Thanks @Man in a van that's where I saw it.

@T33 I should also mention that I'm now playing it on my Windows PC with Squeezelite-X via ASIO, synchronized with players in other rooms as needed. (WASAPI's not cooperating at the moment; I'll look into that soon.)

I’d forgotten about RP. I’ve just tried running the 320kbps stream through Roon, and it sounds very good. Plenty good enough for ‘Radio’ and they do spin a nice selection.

Thanks for reminding me!

I very much agree that Radio Paradise at 320kbps via Roon sounds better than it should considering you can do room correction it really sounds lovely. Unfortunately no FLAC is available via Roon just yet but seen on Roon forum people requesting this.

advertisement

Back