advertisement

Quobuz High Res (Studio Premier) reduced price

The annual payment is also down to £129, and they will allow you to extend your current one and get what looks like full credit for your existing one, I can get 4 months extra added to mine for £27, can't complain about that!

Good news. I guess this is in readiness for for the king of the streamers Spotify going lossless.

Good news indeed. And it looks like Spotify jacked their prices up a couple of months ago... again, probably to accommodate the HR format. But still no official word from them - it's been expected for years!

Good news. I guess this is in readiness for for the king of the streamers Spotify going lossless.
Might also be because of competition from Apple Music who are cheaper still, and offer Dolby Atmos/ Spatial Audio which they are pushing. Gramophone has now tied up with Apple - there is a dedicated section in this years Gramophone Awards for spatial audio, which I think is the first time a format has had its own category. Primephonic has just been bought by Apple, how long will Qobuz last?

Possibly also related to their customer numbers. I saw something earlier this week suggesting that they had less than 10% of the customer base of Tidal, which rather surprised me

I suspect they may also be trying to get closer to Amazon's price.
Either way it leaves Tidal looking very expensive especially if you have no interest in mqa.

I don't see it as it's piped into Roon.
Me too.
I had Tidal for a couple of years before switching to Qobuz & I doubt I’ll be going back.
The price drop is obviously welcome. For me, it is clear that Qobuz gives the best sound quality at the best price.

As streaming becomes more and more important the returns to the artists is going to be something music enthusiasts like the PFMers need to consider. Streaming was originally the realm of startups. Now that the big guys are in play I hope that the artists get a fair crack of the whip.

I'm rapidly coming around to the conclusion that all I need is vinyl, cd and Radio Paradise, based on how little I used Qobuz and Tidal on their trials. That still surprises me.

advertisement

Back