Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Technics question (headshells)

Discussion in 'audio' started by Nic Robinson, Apr 5, 2021.

1. hockman

hockman pfm Member

I've used the standard Technics headshell and the cheapish Ortofon one cited above on my Technics 1200mk2. The Ortofon one works much better with my AT440 than the Technics. Personally I wouldn't buy a knock-off Technics headshell since used original ones are not expensive anyway if you really wanted one. But I'd go with the Ortofon.

The Jelco is pretty good too but I believe it's a bit heavier and Jelco is out of business.

2. Nic Robinson

Nic Robinson Moderator

Great thread and thank you for all the replies. I've ordered an AT-HS1 which is just a crazy price! This one will be fine for my 2m Red which is my backup cart atm.

3. Amber Audio

Amber Audio This is the Day

If you have OCD and/or collect a few shells/carts these are nice, AT6003R £20 - rip offs from a tenner

[​IMG][​IMG]

DAVEDWACK and paulfromcamden like this.
  4. KeithL

KeithL pfm Member

Snap
    [​IMG]

Nic Robinson likes this.
  5. paulfromcamden

paulfromcamden Baffled

I just noticed these the other day - I have some of the Audio Technica single headshell jobs that snap together from yonks ago and was hoping to find some more. Super useful!

6. Amber Audio

Amber Audio This is the Day

A prize if you get the Carts, gold start for the headshells :)

[​IMG]

paulfromcamden likes this.