advertisement

Quick question regarding Kef 104ab Speakers

Lee T

pfm Member
Is it normal for the serial numbers not to follow each other with this speaker. I have found a pair with serial numbers 76217 & 76257. The original packaging is included with 2 stickers with the same numbers on the box as the speakers but i normally see serial numbers in sequence, or the same.

Wondered if anyone here had any further info.

Thanks.

The two numbers are not that far from each other so I wouldn’t worry about it as they were probably built in the same month of the year or so close that the components will be the same.
Ideally, you want two successive numbers to make sure it’s a genuine pair but it’s not critical unless you want to resell at its highest possible price.
I lately replaced a woofer on a B&W from 1985 with a woofer from 1986 of the same model and when tested against each other, the frequency response curve was identical on both speakers.

Is it normal for the serial numbers not to follow each other with this speaker. I have found a pair with serial numbers 76217 & 76257. The original packaging is included with 2 stickers with the same numbers on the box as the speakers but i normally see serial numbers in sequence, or the same.

Wondered if anyone here had any further info.

Thanks.

When I had some of the old curved front KEF Reference 1, they didn't have following serials either, can't remember exactly but sequence was hundreds.
Strange.

advertisement

Back